TVHeadend/OSMC/Kodi/HDHomeRun Channels/Program Guide Issue
I have, what I believe to be, a somewhat unique situation (maybe not Smile

Setup: I had OSMC/Kodi running very well on an RPI3/HDD. Everything was working for a couple of years (until it didn't Sad Something glitched, possibly during an update, and started causing erratic freezes in the system. I tried to sort it out, but couldn't so I got a another known working HDD and rebuilt the system from scratch Sad

It's pretty much back to where I had it before the rebuild except for 1 issue I haven't been able to work out. I'm using zap2epg as my program guide data capture and the xmltv.xml file seems to have everything as expected. What isn't working is that somehow TVHHeadend (TVH) isn't recognizing all the channels I've selected in (web ui) Channel/EPG -> EPG Grabber Channels. I've stripped it down to just 6 channels (2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 in the SF Bay Area) to simplify things. When I look at Channel/EPG -> Channels I see 2 of the stations I selected (5 and 11, but only by call letters) and a whole bunch I did not.

I installed HDHomeRun s/w on my Win10 system so I could chk the performance of the HDHomeRun tuners and they seem to chk out OK. I've been thru the TVH setup a number of times and get the same results (something abt the definition of "insanity" in there somewhere Smile

It feels like I'm missing something that may be preventing the connection between TVH and the program guide. Maybe permissions? Maybe actual location? Something else?

Any help or insight is appreciated. Thx in advance....cheers...
in my case, I had to manually select the EPG source under TVH web ui>Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channel for each channel. If empty, double click the empty cell. It may reveral all the EPG channels in XMLTV.

a related q. I had issues running TVH on RPi3B+/Libreelec. It couldn't handle 2 ATSC streams reading/writing simultaneously. How's your experience with TVH running on OSMC?
Thx for the suggestion. However, the problem is that only 2 of the 6 channels (5 and 11) show up on the TVH web ui>Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channel tab, so there is nothing I can click cuz that channel doesn't "exist". That's the problem I'm trying to sort out.

As for performance, I haven't noticed any issues. Not that there may not have been any, just haven't seen them if there were.

(2019-09-12, 21:50)acegolfer Wrote: in my case, I had to manually select the EPG source under TVH web ui>Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channel for each channel. If empty, double click the empty cell. It may reveral all the EPG channels in XMLTV.

a related q. I had issues running TVH on RPi3B+/Libreelec. It couldn't handle 2 ATSC streams reading/writing simultaneously. How's your experience with TVH running on OSMC?
(2019-09-12, 22:02)stephr1 Wrote: Thx for the suggestion. However, the problem is that only 2 of the 6 channels (5 and 11) show up on the TVH web ui>Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channel tab, so there is nothing I can click cuz that channel doesn't "exist". That's the problem I'm trying to sort out.

As for performance, I haven't noticed any issues. Not that there may not have been any, just haven't seen them if there were.

(2019-09-12, 21:50)acegolfer Wrote: in my case, I had to manually select the EPG source under TVH web ui>Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channel for each channel. If empty, double click the empty cell. It may reveral all the EPG channels in XMLTV.

Then you have a bigger problem than EPG. You need to add channels by web ui>configuration>channel/epg>channel>add.

Click the "service" box. Do you find anything? If not, then you will need to rescan the channels. If rescan doesn't work, then you are in a bigger problem and I suggest you get help from TVH forum not in KODI forum, as this is not a KODI issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend/OSMC/Kodi/HDHomeRun Channels/Program Guide Issue0