How to use two XBOX Wireless Controller with Kodi Game?
Hi all, it is so great about the game feature, now may HTPC had really become the center of my living room.

Using one unit of Xbox Wireless Controller connected by Bluetooth was running greatly.

however i am having problem when connect the second Xbox Wireless Controller by Bluetooth, it seems both controller have same key mapping and both controller only control player one, i cannot have the second controller for second player.

appreciate if some one can provide a guide for me showing how to setup correctly.

good day!
(2019-09-12, 06:10)chchia Wrote: Hi all, it is so great about the game feature, now may HTPC had really become the center of my living room.

Using one unit of Xbox Wireless Controller connected by Bluetooth was running greatly.

however i am having problem when connect the second Xbox Wireless Controller by Bluetooth, it seems both controller have same key mapping and both controller only control player one, i cannot have the second controller for second player.

appreciate if some one can provide a guide for me showing how to setup correctly.

good day!
Did you solve it?? I have the same problem! Thanks for Kodi evolution and for adding this new feature.
Using more than two controllers in Retroplayer is not implemented in Leia. Please wait until @garbear finished the Player Manager.
(2019-09-12, 06:10)chchia Wrote: Hi all, it is so great about the game feature, now may HTPC had really become the center of my living room.

good day!
In Windows 10 there is a function called Copilot that mirror both controllers as just one, so both acts as Player 1 (this is for one person to help another). I use two Xbox One wireless controllers (using a wireless adapter, not Bluetooth). With copilot active, it would behave exactly as you said, but the default is disabled and I've just played Atari 2600 (Stella) Basketball with two players, two controllers. No problem. As said before, Retroplayer uses 2 controllers, maximum.
Same problem as well
Using 2 Xbox One S controllers (bluetooth only, no Microsoft dongle) on Arch Linux (ARM) with xpadneo and Kodi 18.7
xpadneo supports multiple controllers and they get mapped to different input devices but kodi retroplayer handles them as one
Funnily enough if I go in kodi system settings, I can see two entries of Xbox Controllers so Kodi is able to differentiate between them

If someone else is able to use two controllers at the same time I guess it's a bug or some configuration we're somehow missing.

I don't see sdl as a dependency of either kodi or kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick so I wonder if it's just because of different backends of the input driver being used (eg: maybe it works on sdl but not on xinput)

That said, if anyone knows about this issue and want to send it my way I'd be happy to test and send a PR
(2020-07-26, 22:28)frampone Wrote: Same problem as well
Using 2 Xbox One S controllers (bluetooth only, no Microsoft dongle) on Arch Linux (ARM) with xpadneo and Kodi 18.7
xpadneo supports multiple controllers and they get mapped to different input devices but kodi retroplayer handles them as one
Funnily enough if I go in kodi system settings, I can see two entries of Xbox Controllers so Kodi is able to differentiate between them

If someone else is able to use two controllers at the same time I guess it's a bug or some configuration we're somehow missing.

I don't see sdl as a dependency of either kodi or kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick so I wonder if it's just because of different backends of the input driver being used (eg: maybe it works on sdl but not on xinput)

That said, if anyone knows about this issue and want to send it my way I'd be happy to test and send a PR

wait what xbox controllers now support Bluetooth, is this an additional feature as in can use the dongle aswell or have they dropped the wifi support (the dongle is wifi)
They can use both.
Dongle makes use of 2.4GHz Radio Frequency but it is NOT wifi. "Wireless" does not always mean "wifi".
Wireless Xbox One controllers can also use bluetooth and obviously can also be connected using a usb cable.
AFAIK dongle has more features, eg. audio jack on the controller won't work over bluetooth.
Hi wanted to start a thread to ask but since this was already present : do 3rd party wireless XBOX controllers work? i love Kodi but i may get a free 3rd party XBOX wireless BT/RF/wired controller. If i wish to use it with my windows desktop pc with the supplied USB Dongle and RF would it work with Kodi as  of now?
(2021-02-09, 12:05)pinelights Wrote: Hi wanted to start a thread to ask but since this was already present : do 3rd party wireless XBOX controllers work? i love Kodi but i may get a free 3rd party XBOX wireless BT/RF/wired controller. If i wish to use it with my windows desktop pc with the supplied USB Dongle and RF would it work with Kodi as  of now?

Any controller that is recognized by the operating system works in Kodi. For best results I recommend to use a Xbox-360-clone controller.
To use Xbox or any other controller on Kodi just connected to the device, Once done, first time you may need to do some configuration.

Steps

1. Browse to Settings & System Settings
2. Select Input & Configure attached controllers
3 Find the controller mapping window

Click Selector start, then press each button (or move the thumbstick) as it is highlighted on screen

Hope this will help you.
(2019-10-18, 17:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Using more than two controllers in Retroplayer is not implemented in Leia. Please wait until @garbear finished the Player Manager.

The day has arrived! I've finally merged what could be called a "Player Manager". Multiple controllers are now fully supported.

This feature has been fully merged into master for v20. I also backported it to my test builds based on v19. You can find my test builds at: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases
(2022-01-11, 20:40)garbear Wrote:
(2019-10-18, 17:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Using more than two controllers in Retroplayer is not implemented in Leia. Please wait until @garbear finished the Player Manager.

The day has arrived! I've finally merged what could be called a "Player Manager". Multiple controllers are now fully supported.

This feature has been fully merged into master for v20. I also backported it to my test builds based on v19. You can find my test builds at: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases
Apologies if this is a silly question but does this mean multiplayer support is available in the Kodi 20 Alphas?
Yes, Multiplayer was always supported but switching ports wasn't, so it was relatively limited. Multiplayer should work much better in the latest v20 or my v19 test builds. Let me know if you run into any more problems.
I must install your build (entire Kodi 19) to have it working, right? It is not some addon or something like that, right?

Anyway, I had another problem, I don't know if someone was trying to address it, so I will just ask: can't I map a keyboard key to a missing key in my controller?
(2022-12-19, 23:22)helviojr Wrote: I must install your build (entire Kodi 19) to have it working, right? It is not some addon or something like that, right?

It's in core, so you need a build. but now that v20 is in RC phase, I would grab 20.0 RC-2. It'll be a seamless update then when v20 final is released.

(2022-12-19, 23:22)helviojr Wrote: Anyway, I had another problem, I don't know if someone was trying to address it, so I will just ask: can't I map a keyboard key to a missing key in my controller?

Unfortunately, I haven't yet finished the part where you can use a keyboard to control a joystick. I had this feature once but it was removed when I did some heavy rewriting. I plan to include this feature in my next project, the Player Manager, so hopefully someday it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use two XBOX Wireless Controller with Kodi Game?1