• 20(current)
Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2021-04-01, 00:26)C4rter Wrote: I'm having an issue with delayed audio with Kodi for some files on my Fire Cube.

There are files that have a delayed audio of about 175ms. But if I play the file on my PC there is no such delay, so it has to be an issue with Kodi or the Fire Cube or something.
And then there are files that are perfectly fine and produce no delay at all.

I tried to find the same video but with different attributes and I managed to find one that has the delay and one that has no delay.

Here's one with delay:
And here's one without a delay:

I'm not sure if it's the audio codec or if it's framerate related or something different.

Do you guys know what this could be about and how I could fix that?

I've just updated to KODI 19 (from 18.8) and it seems that this fixed the issue. Will report back once I did more testing.
Can anyone please advise me on what version I should download with the latest fritschfiretv Kodi builds. I have a new Fire TV Cube, and just want to run Kodi with a 5.1 Dolby output if possible. Thanks
(2021-04-02, 22:28)inapickle Wrote: Can anyone please advise me on what version I should download with the latest fritschfiretv Kodi builds. I have a new Fire TV Cube, and just want to run Kodi with a 5.1 Dolby output if possible. Thanks

I believe @fritsch's  stuff is now all in mainline.
(2021-04-03, 10:20)noggin Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 22:28)inapickle Wrote: Can anyone please advise me on what version I should download with the latest fritschfiretv Kodi builds. I have a new Fire TV Cube, and just want to run Kodi with a 5.1 Dolby output if possible. Thanks

I believe @fritsch's  stuff is now all in mainline.
Thanks for the info
Hi everyone

Read most of the thread but still lots of doubts

Long time user of Kodi , i have a Shield tv but i have a Fire TV cube 2nd gen on the way.... questions:

Should I use standar Kodi Matrix 19.1 (32 bit ARMV7A) from https://kodi.tv/download/android
Or

One from fritschfiretv Kodi builds if so which oneHuh

Thanks!
(2021-06-16, 22:10)MAX404 Wrote: Hi everyone

Long time user of Kodi , i have a Shield tv but i have a Fire TV cube 2nd gen on the way.... questions:

Should I use standar Kodi Matrix 19.1 (32 bit ARMV7A) from https://kodi.tv/download/android
Or

Thanks!

Read the question, and then the response posted just above yours, asking the same question 👍
(2021-06-16, 22:14)Vimes Wrote:

Or

Thanks!

Read the question, and then the response posted just above yours, asking the same question 👍

Hi Mate

I did .... but when he said "mainline" what does it mean? download from main kodi download page or from fritschfiretv Kodi builds?

sorry if i am slow...
(2021-06-16, 22:45)MAX404 Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 22:14)Vimes Wrote:

Or

Thanks!

Hi Mate

I did .... but when he said "mainline" what does it mean? download from main kodi download page or from fritschfiretv Kodi builds?

sorry if i am slow...

No worries, the reply now refers to the 19.1 release.
The main download page for Kodi 👍
(2021-06-16, 22:48)Vimes Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 22:45)MAX404 Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 22:14)Vimes Wrote: Read the question, and then the response posted just above yours, asking the same question 👍

Hi Mate

sorry if i am slow...

Clear mate, thank you , the 32bit version still holds true , right?
(2021-06-16, 23:06)MAX404 Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 22:48)Vimes Wrote:
(2021-06-16, 22:45)MAX404 Wrote: Hi Mate

sorry if i am slow...

Clear mate, thank you , the 32bit version still holds true , right?
ARMV7A 32-bit version of Kodi <<< that one.
Hello all. I'm trying out a new Fire TV Cube. I've got Kodi 19.1 (stable) running on it. Recently I've been watching a few episodes of "American Dad" using the Disney Plus add-on, and I'm seeing some odd image artefacts that look like deinterlacing errors - stair-stepping on diagonal lines.

This is a bit surprising, as I wouldn't have expected Disney Plus videos to be supplied in interlaced form! But the artefacts are definitely there.

I thought about turning off hardware decoding, as the device ought to be powerful enough to decode 1080i in software, but when I try that I get audio-only playback with no video(!).

I've tried playing the same video on my Fire TV Stick 4K, and there's no stair-stepping there.

Is there any way to get around this? Is there another version of Kodi that works better, for example?
(2021-06-24, 15:36)Shasarak Wrote: Hello all. I'm trying out a new Fire TV Cube. I've got Kodi 19.1 (stable) running on it. Recently I've been watching a few episodes of "American Dad" using the Disney Plus add-on, and I'm seeing some odd image artefacts that look like deinterlacing errors - stair-stepping on diagonal lines.

This is a bit surprising, as I wouldn't have expected Disney Plus videos to be supplied in interlaced form! But the artefacts are definitely there.

I thought about turning off hardware decoding, as the device ought to be powerful enough to decode 1080i in software, but when I try that I get audio-only playback with no video(!).

I've tried playing the same video on my Fire TV Stick 4K, and there's no stair-stepping there.

Is there any way to get around this? Is there another version of Kodi that works better, for example?

Native Disney plus app works fine on Fire Cube 2 and stick 4k. Is there any additional benefit to using the Kodi add-on?
(2021-06-30, 12:10)alekseyzimin Wrote: Native Disney plus app works fine on Fire Cube 2 and stick 4k. Is there any additional benefit to using the Kodi add-on?

1) The standard Disney Plus app on the Cube exhibits the same image quality problems as the Kodi add-on, so it doesn't help me.

2) More generally, Kodi can output the video at its native resolution and refresh rate, which the Disney Plus app won't do. With the exception of Prime Video, none of the standard apps support refresh-rate switching on Fire TV, and even Prime Video doesn't switch output resolution automatically - it's only third party apps like Kodi or Smart Tube Next that support that.
So besides the apple and amazon specific nature of each device, would it be fair to say that from a performance and video / audio decoding perspective, the ATV 4K 2021 and the AFTV Cube S922Z are pretty much identical?
(2021-06-30, 12:19)Shasarak Wrote:
(2021-06-30, 12:10)alekseyzimin Wrote: Native Disney plus app works fine on Fire Cube 2 and stick 4k. Is there any additional benefit to using the Kodi add-on?

1) The standard Disney Plus app on the Cube exhibits the same image quality problems as the Kodi add-on, so it doesn't help me.

2) More generally, Kodi can output the video at its native resolution and refresh rate, which the Disney Plus app won't do. With the exception of Prime Video, none of the standard apps support refresh-rate switching on Fire TV, and even Prime Video doesn't switch output resolution automatically - it's only third party apps like Kodi or Smart Tube Next that support that.

Very happy to use the Kodi DSNP add-on, for the Kodi specific features. However, I do get some weird audio clicks when using either the Netflix or the DSNP add-on. Anything I can do to mitigate that?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0