• 5(current)
Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-03-07, 19:56)fritsch Wrote: All look terribly broken :-)

Makes me wonder, cause it works fine for the other three guys reporting back on your device. Not much I can do. In your log even the multi-channel opening fails heavily, which has zero to do with IEC or RAW.

Make sure it is directly plugged into the AVR, do a restart of the Device perhaps. Other than that: Totally odd.

Even more "funny" the device is properly opened and afterwards the trouble starts.

Ok. I assume you are referring to the PCM 7.1 setup issue with best match and passthrough turned off as being terribly broken. I was using the Fire TV build but this has been happening even with the 18.6 leia build.

The fire cube is plugged directly into receiver. I will reset it and see what happens. Could this have anything to do with HDMI cable maybe?

I have the cube set on best available in sound setting. Could that be an issue?

The firetv build wasn't able to get any sound on RAW and it just said Dolby digital plus on receiver. Almost like it didn't even recognize it. It did have sound and came up as DTS not DTS master when using the IEC setting.

I would think Multichannel should work at the very least.

Thanks again for your help.
Nope. Not related. It's already odd that you don't get 7.1 sound on normal Leia, which uses exactly the same code as fritschfiretv for PCM output.

That RAW does not open at all is also funny as this is used by netflix and others. The other users here in this thread test IEC mode for DTS, AC3, EAC3 and DTS-HD-HR and everything worked.

On my Firetv4k all modes advertized work RAW and IEC.

Edit: ANY ARC Mode force on? Any changes you did to the Cube sound settings itself? Best-Match in kodi only has something to do for PCM audio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-07, 21:10)fritsch Wrote: Nope. Not related. It's already odd that you don't get 7.1 sound on normal Leia, which uses exactly the same code as fritschfiretv for PCM output.

That RAW does not open at all is also funny as this is used by netflix and others. The other users here in this thread test IEC mode for DTS, AC3, EAC3 and DTS-HD-HR and everything worked.

On my Firetv4k all modes advertized work RAW and IEC.

Edit: ANY ARC Mode force on? Any changes you did to the Cube sound settings itself? Best-Match in kodi only has something to do for PCM audio.

I will check to see if arc is enable on receiver. Receiver runs to a projector that has no arc so I would think it is off on the receiver.

I made no direct sound changes to cube. I did install mx player and I had to install a codec package to get it to decode true HD and I assume DTS master audio as the normal mx player does not do that. I made some changes in mx player settings to enable some of the new codec on the hw+ player setting. Beyond that I have done nothing.

Could any of that effect this?
Not really, besides it is running the background and blocking something. I might buy a cube next time when amazon has a special offer for them, but not yet 100% sure - it offers nothing I need in comparison to my Firetv 4k.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-07, 22:06)fritsch Wrote: Not really, besides it is running the background and blocking something. I might buy a cube next time when amazon has a special offer for them, but not yet 100% sure - it offers nothing I need in comparison to my Firetv 4k.

Not sure what you mean by running in the background and blocking something? I guess everything that is supposed to work works. I get DTS and Dolby and Dolby Digital +. It won't work through raw which I noticed on my receiver after hitting the signal input button for information it says unknown signal when on RAW, So maybe that's why there is no sound. Just a guess. It appears even with RAW that the firmware of S922x won't allow DTS Master HD and True HD isn't even an option in Kodi when using the either RAW or IEC with the fire cube.

I hope this gets worked out as the fire cube is extremely fast in Kodi in comparison to the firestick 4k.

Really the most baffling thing is the weird thumping when trying to use 7.1 pcm with no passthrough. I can actually use exoplayer in another app and it gets perfect Multichannel on my receiver. So that makes it even more weird. Leads me to believe that isn't an issue with fire cube or the firmware but something weird in Kodi. Once again just a guess.

I appreciate all your help on this and if you need me to do some tests in the future let me know. Thanks 😊
First I wanted that someone else with a cube also tries. First multi channels and PT with standard Leia and then compared with RAW and IEC with my build.

So that would be great.
(2020-03-08, 09:05)fritsch Wrote: First I wanted that someone else with a cube also tries. First multi channels and PT with standard Leia and then compared with RAW and IEC with my build.

So that would be great.

Since I can see the signal information for the Onkyo receiver input in real time. I believe the issue at least with Multi-channel is the fact it appears the cube is constantly trying to take control of the output signal from the cube and make it Dolby Digital even though Kodi is running and playing a file with a multi channel setup. I see it going back and forth between Dolby Digital + and Multi Channel. I believe this is why the sound and the log-file are all messed up and it may explain what you said yesterday about everything opening up fine but then having a problem.  Just another guess.
adb log will help, hopefully.
(2020-03-08, 14:46)fritsch Wrote: adb log will help, hopefully.

So I figured out the issue with the 7.1 PCM and the winner is Kodi Leia!!! Tried every version of Leia and everyone make a horrible noise and cuts in and out when you set the channels to 7.1 and attempt to play a TrueHD file on a fire cube (2nd Generation). I then loaded 17.6 Krypton and the issue is completely gone. So not sure what changed when Leia came out or if this is now happening because of firmware updates from Amazon but it should be looked into as I see alot of people owning this particular box to run Kodi. Maybe some people here will do some testing with the newest fire cube and and Leia 18 and see if they have the same issue I have had.
Please provide a 17.6 Debug Log so that one can see the difference. I already have an idea and you won't like it :-)
@Golfman Try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
(2020-03-09, 16:15)fritsch Wrote: @Golfman Try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Ok. So I cleared the old 17.6 version off completely. Which by the way was I guess an apk that had add-ons in it. That was the the only old version I could fine. That is gone now. I loaded your new firetv build file for Leia 18.6 and everything regarding 7.1 PCM appears to work fine now. I didn't try to test the raw ability of the file. Not sure if you want me to or if that the same as the prior file also not sure what you did to get PCM 7.1 working in Leia but thank you. Here is a copy of the logfile

Https://paste.kodi.tv/uzewahuman
Yeah. Sad :-)

The cube does not support multi-channel float. In Krypton we had this on 16 bit Integers only (half precision). On Leia I thought to test that - works fine on FireTV 4K, works fine on Shield - but fails on your device, beside it opens fine.

As no sane audiophile would use Android :-) - I will patch it out again as Leia backport.
See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17463
(2020-03-09, 20:54)fritsch Wrote: Yeah. Sad :-)

The cube does not support multi-channel float. In Krypton we had this on 16 bit Integers only (half precision). On Leia I thought to test that - works fine on FireTV 4K, works fine on Shield - but fails on your device, beside it opens fine.

As no sane audiophile would use Android :-) - I will patch it out again as Leia backport.

Thanks for the help. I see by the pull on GitHub that you will have this fix in new versions of Kodi to help with the fire cube. Hopefully Amazon will do some updates to the cube firmware to fix these issues. Don't understand why they wouldn't have this working already since it works on firestick 4k.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0