• 15(current)
Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
Quote:020-11-09 17:44:32.167 T:19931  NOTICE: Trying to open: samplerate: 48000, channelMask: 6396, encoding: 4
2020-11-09 17:44:32.201 T:19931  NOTICE: CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::Initializing with: m_sampleRate: 48000 format: AE_FMT_FLOAT (AE) method: PCM stream-type: PCM-STREAM min_buffer_size: 246400 m_frames: 1925 m_frameSize: 32 channels: 8

From kodi pov, everything perfect. 8 Channels 32 bit float. What the firmware does with it, you only see in the adb log.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If you give me directions, I can verify. But as mentioned before, my avr is receiving lpcm, so I think it’s getting through to the amp.

Not sure what’s happening with “optimized” and “best match” though, since those get output as dd+ 2.0.
In older Firmware everything besides lpcm float was transcoded by the firmware. That's the reason optimzed and best match end up as dd+.

Setting it to fixed was a workaround therefore :-) as far could not cope with it and left it untouched.

Newest firmware sadly also do the same transcode with kodi lpcm float out :-(
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is there anything that can make this device usable for Kodi (or MrMC, since it does the same thing)?  As soon as I start telling it to passthrough audio or changing audio settings in any meaningful way from the default (basically just changing it from 2.0 to anything else in Kodi), problems crop it.  When I pause, it might take 1-5 seconds before the audio stops playing (while the video is stopped) and, after unpausing, it can take up to twice as long before the audio is properly playing again.  If I leave the audio at 2.0 and no passthrough, it is fine.  Playing videos through the Jellyfin, Emby or Plex apps?  Fine.  But Kodi or MrMC?  Constant audio issues.

If this is just how the device works due to it transcoding audio in the background, I guess I need to return it.
So , Cube is obviously better piece of hardware than Stick 4k ?
(2020-11-21, 16:04)grabber Wrote: So , Cube is obviously better piece of hardware than Stick 4k ?

you be the judge: https://www.aftvnews.com/benchmarking-th...-tv-model/
Hehe - I just shot the Cube as well -> 48% off on prime day ...
(2020-11-22, 09:06)fritsch Wrote: Hehe - I just shot the Cube as well -> 48% off on prime day ...

have fun with itSmile its much better than the stick besides the handshake issue when connect it direct to your avr instead of the tv. Colors are oversaturrated on SD Content. Only solution to this connect it direct to your tv.
besides that all is very much smoother.
Hey I am planning on buying either an nvidia shield 2019 or the fire cube. Now I saw that the cube is almost -50%. Iam planning on streaming 4k movies with it since I have a gigabit connection if I get the "Ugreen 3 Port USB 3.0 Hub with Gigabit Ethernet" will it work the same as the shield or are there other things I need to be vary of ?
@tilltill12 
Can't comment about the adapter, but if your 5Ghz WiFi environment is good and set up so the cube can use it (must be channel 36-48), there is no problem just using 5ghz wifi for viewing high end untouched UHD 4k high bitrate material. Even untouched 4k60 material works without any issues for me via WiFi. Just as a side note...
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-11-22, 13:38)axbmcuser Wrote: @tilltill12 
Can't comment about the adapter, but if your 5Ghz WiFi environment is good and set up so the cube can use it (must be channel 36-48), there is no problem just using 5ghz wifi for viewing high end untouched UHD 4k high bitrate material. Even untouched 4k60 material works without any issues for me via WiFi. Just as a side note...

Hmm okay then I will buy the cube alone for now and see how it works thanks for the info are the ads you get very annoying ?
Ads aren’t that annoying; it’s obviously how Amazon subsidizes their devices. I have the Cube and like it, but it’s no match for Shield TV with its more customizable home screen and full HD/object-based audio passthrough. Also, it plays more video files than Fire TV, especially high bitrate MPEG2 and ones not encoded ideally or with errors.
(2020-11-22, 09:37)ramis52 Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 09:06)fritsch Wrote: Hehe - I just shot the Cube as well -> 48% off on prime day ...

have fun with itSmile its much better than the stick besides the handshake issue when connect it direct to your avr instead of the tv. Colors are oversaturrated on SD Content. Only solution to this connect it direct to your tv.

I’ve been going crazy due to that over saturated issue. Know anywhere that I can track the issue (to know when it’s fixed) like a forum post or Reddit post?
Mmh. Most content my family members watch looks ugly and over saturated now. That's a really big show stopper and sucks heavily. I even think to plug in the Firetv 4K again until this is fixed ...
(2020-11-24, 17:51)funnypanks Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 09:37)ramis52 Wrote:

I’ve been going crazy due to that over saturated issue. Know anywhere that I can track the issue (to know when it’s fixed) like a forum post or Reddit post?

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...ed-too-red

as you can see. we tried it a year ago. tickets, screenshots and so on. Still not fixed.

there is no tracking or smth. to be honest i think amazon dont care bout the problem. maybe you can raise another ticket and hopefully amazon will take care bout the hdmi handshake/color spasing problem. Dont expect to much!

for me the cube works fine connected directly to the tv. disable passthrough in kodi.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0