Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2021-01-05, 12:27)meccs Wrote:
(2020-12-30, 20:31)jrhamilt Wrote: So, just got a new Fire TV Cube for Xmas.  Trying to get it setup and working right to play 4k rips without buffering.  My receiver seems to handle the DTS+ stream okay (but it took lots of fidgeting).

1) Is there "known good" configuration set for both the Fire TV box and Kodi to use as a starting point?
2) Are there any good solutions for buffering issues?  Didn't find any in this thread...  I get a spinning buffering wheel about every 15-30 minutes...  Connected via Gigabit to the SAN that contains all of the movies...

Wasn't sure if these required a debug log or not, but thought I'd check for some basic info before diving into super-specifics.

Thanks!
Depends. Do you stream you files from a dedicated NAS or just an HDD connect to the router via USB. My guess is that it sounds like you do the latter.

Glad I'm not alone in being unable to play 4k content (movies). In my case the buffering is every few minutes.

I'm storing video on a SATA3/6G (OS on SSD @ Win 10 Pro 64/48GB) shared using SMBv3. Since cube has 2GB RAM I set Kodi video cache to 1/3 of this and mode to 2 but still getting the buffering and I'm sure it's not the PC.

If it means anything I didn't have these issues on the last of the custom builds in this thread, it started I think with Kodi 19 Beta 1/2.

Did you ever fix your issue?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z - by rpharrison - 2021-01-15, 18:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0