Solved Strange problem - I think it is scraper related!
Dunno if I'm posting in the right place, but herre goes...
After the TVDB issue that caused Kodi to crash, I uninstalled/reinstalled Kodi and set my TV show library, this time using the defualt scraper. Things went crazy: my large library was shown as just one show - 'TWICE TV' - which is NOT anywhere in my library. When thetvdb scraper was fixed, I tried rescraping my library with it, which mostly got things back to normal, but I was getting a weird thing happening in 'recently added' list: all the shows were shown as, for example:
TWICE TV - 2x10. The Red Angel
Star Trek: Discovery - 2x10. The Red Angel 

A clean of my video library got rid of the 'TWICE TV' stuff, leaving just the right show, but I'm getting a bit tired with cleaning the library all the time! The TWICE TV stuff didn't seem to actually exist (no actual files); the correct file was there and correctly scraped - BUT the TWICE TV thing persists! I have tried a rescrape with the default scraper too - the issue persists... any ideas?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4HsGCdy2Mh/
These things happen when the root folder is selected as a TV show. What is the name of your TV show folder?
@nannup

Thanks for providing the correct log. Unfortunately there is no sign of Twice TV in the log, nor any other scraping as everything is already in your library.

As the log is a fail to reveal the problem, I will need to dig around your database to spot the problem.

Can you upload the DB to a file sharing service such as... https://uploadfiles.io/

Then either
1. paste the link in a post here or
2. if you want to keep it private, press the Report button located bottom right of this post, choose Other and paste the link. If I don't see it in time, one of the other moderators will pass it onto me.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just noticed the post by Hitcher as we cross-posted. I think he hit the nail on the head. You don't have a tv show parent folder.

It is specifically stated here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-14, 11:19)Karellen Wrote: @nannup

Thanks for providing the correct log. Unfortunately there is no sign of Twice TV in the log, nor any other scraping as everything is already in your library.

As the log is a fail to reveal the problem, I will need to dig around your database to spot the problem.

Can you upload the DB to a file sharing service such as... https://uploadfiles.io/

Then either
1. paste the link in a post here or
2. if you want to keep it private, press the Report button located bottom right of this post, choose Other and paste the link. If I don't see it in time, one of the other moderators will pass it onto me.
https://ufile.io/3ak0xvug
I can see the show in the database but no episodes are attached to it, so another dead end.

As it is the very first show in the database it confirms what hitcher has stated. You need a tv show parent folder.
My Signature
(2019-09-14, 12:20)Karellen Wrote: I can see the show in the database but no episodes are attached to it, so another dead end.

As it is the very first show in the database it confirms what hitcher has stated. You need a tv show parent folder.
Thankyou for the help! My parent folder has always been a folder on a NAS called 'TV2'... NASNAME>TV2 which has previously never seemed to cause a promlem (been usink Kodi for ages - back to when it was XBMC). Do I need to rename that folder to 'TV Shows'?
Just looked - when I look in Settings>Media>Manage Sources>TV Shows, the folders for each show are listed. I found that I had been using a mapped folder name, so I've changed it to the full SMB name 'NASNAME>TV2' instead of mapped drive Y: I will download a few shows and see if that resolves the issue! Probably won't be for a while...
According to your log, you have no parent folder... Y:\Absentia\

You have all your tv shows in the root of the drive as can be seen from the above example.

It should be Y:\TV Shows\Absentia\ and the source can be any name. It does not have to be \TV Shows\

= Edit =
Just looked at your database again, and you have...

smb://WILOSTATION/TV2/Absentia/
and you also have
Y:\Absentia\

Kodi is using y: drive for your library which has no parent folder.
My Signature
(2019-09-14, 12:49)Karellen Wrote: According to your log, you have no parent folder... Y:\Absentia\

You have all your tv shows in the root of the drive as can be seen from the above example.

It should be Y:\TV Shows\Absentia\ and the source can be any name. It does not have to be \TV Shows\

= Edit =
Just looked at your database again, and you have...

smb://WILOSTATION/TV2/Absentia/
and you also have
Y:\Absentia\

Kodi is using y: drive for your library which has no parent folder.
Hopefully, now that I've changed things, it will resolve the problem! That will teach me to to do things when I'm tired. I should have known to use the smb name!
Aargh!!! After changing to  full SMB name 'NASNAME>TV2' and trying both 'update content' and 'scan for new content', Kodi now shows JUST 'TWICE TV' as my one and only show when I click on TV shows at main screen. Clicking on that shows Season 1 down to Season 22 and Specials! Clicking on '..' twice, I get to 'Titles' again, which when opened shows all my properly named TV shows! I also tried to rescan using the 'thetvdb' scraper - no changes.
should I up my DB file as well?

https://paste.kodi.tv/lidelesola
While that log is correctly created, it is not useful because in this log you ran the Update Library after everything was already scraped into the library. So all the tv shows are ignored and I cannot see how the scanner is processed the tv shows.

Go to C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Databases and either move or delete the MyVideos116.db so Kodi cannot see it anymore. If there are any other MyVideosxx databases in there, move them out also.

Start Kodi and an empty database will be created. Add back your Sources.

Now ensure debug mode is enabled, restart Kodi and run the Update Library. That is the log I need.

Also please disable the Music Library update. Both updates running at once makes it difficult to follow the log.
My Signature
(2019-09-15, 04:55)Karellen Wrote: While that log is correctly created, it is not useful because in this log you ran the Update Library after everything was already scraped into the library. So all the tv shows are ignored and I cannot see how the scanner is processed the tv shows.

Go to C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Databases and either move or delete the MyVideos116.db so Kodi cannot see it anymore. If there are any other MyVideosxx databases in there, move them out also.

Start Kodi and an empty database will be created. Add back your Sources.

Now ensure debug mode is enabled, restart Kodi and run the Update Library. That is the log I need.

Also please disable the Music Library update. Both updates running at once makes it difficult to follow the log.
Aaahhh! At last! Deleting the db solved the problem! After updating my libraries (movies, TV etc) all seems to be well in my world. No more bloody 'TWIN TV' weirdness! Profuse thanks to you, Karellen, for your prompt and helpful advice! Thanks also to Hitcher for helping to pin down the issue!
Great that it is solved. Enjoy!!!

Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange problem - I think it is scraper related!0