More scraper resources
https://api-docs.igdb.com/

seems like a good resource for game scraping
(2019-09-16, 19:00)swetoast Wrote: https://api-docs.igdb.com/

Thanks for the suggestion. However, as you can read in the Skyscraper documentation, IGDB is not that good and there are much better places out there, like ScreenScraper. Let me quote Muljord:

Quote:IGDB is a relatively new database on the market. But absolutely not a bad one at that. It has a couple caveats though, as the database doesn't distinguish between platform versions of the same game when it comes to any artwork resources (they are working to implement this in the API during 2019). This makes it less usable in a retro game scraping context as many of the games differ drastically between the old platforms.

In addition, the 50,000 API requests per month for ALL users, instead of limit the number of API calls based on the IP, makes an IGDB scraper pretty useless.

In Advanced Emulator Launcher you have ScreenScraper, The Games DB, MobyGames and ArcadeDB scrapes implemented.
(2019-09-17, 12:10)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-09-16, 19:00)swetoast Wrote: https://api-docs.igdb.com/

Thanks for the suggestion. However, as you can read in the Skyscraper documentation, IGDB is not that good and there are much better places out there, like ScreenScraper. Let me quote Muljord:
Quote:IGDB is a relatively new database on the market. But absolutely not a bad one at that. It has a couple caveats though, as the database doesn't distinguish between platform versions of the same game when it comes to any artwork resources (they are working to implement this in the API during 2019). This makes it less usable in a retro game scraping context as many of the games differ drastically between the old platforms.

In addition, the 50,000 API requests per month for ALL users, instead of limit the number of API calls based on the IP, makes an IGDB scraper pretty useless.

In Advanced Emulator Launcher you have ScreenScraper, The Games DB, MobyGames and ArcadeDB scrapes implemented. 

Tnx for you suggestion but this isnt about which api is better its about alternatives for development (ie. options when scrapers comes into play) and its better to have all the cards on the table rather then a few selected.
(2019-09-17, 12:12)swetoast Wrote: Tnx for you suggestion but this isnt about which api is better its about alternatives for development (ie. options when scrapers comes into play) and its better to have all the cards on the table rather then a few selected.

Precisely, I spend the last 3 months developing game scrapers and with all the cards on the table I chose the ones I mentioned because as of today they are the best.

About the API: the API is very important because if the number of API calls is very low the scraper is worthless and unusable...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More scraper resources0