RPi4 - Bad performance playing Music
As with your other issues, again this one may well be that the Kodi optimisation for the new Buster set-up on the Pi4 hasn't been completed yet.

I know people like @rascas and others are making great strides on this, but it's not fully there yet for users like yourself who want multi-tasking and so running under Raspbian rather than a more streamlined set-up like OSMC or LibreElec.

There are a few threads on the Pi Foundation forum that may be worth keeping an eye on, for example this one and this one as well.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
After looking at the logs, I cannot find much unless that paysan is using ALSA for the audio output. If it is using HDMI as the sound output the best is to select PI: HDMI in Kodi audio settings. It can be also something in the nfs/network configuration. Maybe try to copy some albuns to the SD card an try to from there, if they play fine then, it is something network related.

I provide Kodi packages for Raspbian Buster, with RPi 4 support included recently, but the packages OP is using are not provided by me, so it can be something else. The ones provided by me are available here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...6&t=251645
Maybe try with that.
@rascas - many thanks. It was more my intention to point @paysan towards your Pi4 builds as perhaps a better option than the Debian generic ones, although I hadn't seen that particular thread.

Will make a note of it for future reference Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
IMHO you should post your issue on https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/
The issue you are experiencing is not a generic Kodi issue but a poor pi4 build/implementation.
Your best bet is to ask for support in the same thread you got your Kodi package from.
And don't forget to pester Upton and RPT engineers  for releasing the hardware without proper software support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi4 - Bad performance playing Music0