Req Resource Packs... (Logos/Ratings/Bumpers/Commercials/Trailers)

Readme!

What is it?

PseudoTV Live v.0.9.x will feature resource packs that allow easy Skin changes and channel assignable Logos, Bumpers, Overlays, and More! You can use packs globally or assign them to channels individually.
ie. Resource packs can be assigned to a particular channel to create a unique channel feel that won't impact the overall look. Let's say you have a few retro 70's channels, Download some "70's" resource packs then set them up in channel configurations, it's that simple!

How you can help!

Fork:      https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Resources
Review:  Examine packs and formating, note URLs and Youtube video ID's are allowed.
Collect:   Start scouring the net for great stuff!  Please source responsibly!
Prepare: Make sure all image formats and naming schema is correct. Fill out the addon.xml meta.
Submit:  Create a Github push request and make those Resouce Packs official!

Resource Pack Types:
  • "logos" - Collection of network, channel, themed logos.
  • "overlays" - Screen Overlays with optional Daytime/Nighttime themes that change based on the time of day.
  • "bumpers" - Network intros (Please contain a theme and should multi-networks however, it can contain a single network collection ex. "Color", "NBC").
  • "commercials" - Commercial Collections (Please contain a theme ex. "70's", "Retro", "Color", "Black & White").
  • "trailers" - Movie preroll (Please contain a theme ex. "Retro").
  • "ratings" - Movie intros (Please specify rating type MPAA, BBFC, etc.).
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Reserved.
Exciting developments, waiting patiently for the release...
I have all the bumps from adult swim that were on bumpworthy. Roughly 6500 or so but am unsure how to contribute them if anyone could give me a bit of guidance? Appreciate it and thanks in advance
(2019-09-27, 03:06)liquidbings Wrote: I have all the bumps from adult swim that were on bumpworthy. Roughly 6500 or so but am unsure how to contribute them if anyone could give me a bit of guidance? Appreciate it and thanks in advance

6.5k adult swim bumpers? That's a lot!! What are the file sizes like?
(2019-09-27, 04:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-09-27, 03:06)liquidbings Wrote: I have all the bumps from adult swim that were on bumpworthy. Roughly 6500 or so but am unsure how to contribute them if anyone could give me a bit of guidance? Appreciate it and thanks in advance

6.5k adult swim bumpers? That's a lot!! What are the file sizes like? 
I guess its closer to like 7400 lol. Its about 25GB total, mp4, file sizes ranging from like 700kb to 22mb. I  also have a few hundred commercials from the late 80s and 90s of random types and quality those are about a meg to 17mb.
For this particular situation I would recommend using channel interleaving. Resource packs are meant for a handful of videos per channel. Don't think you'll ever get even distribution of 7k video bumpers. Plus parsing time's would be ungodly.

If you'd still like to make a resource pack I'd recommend adding no more than 100 bumpers and it might be worth uploading them to YouTube.
Sounds like a plan. Ill sort through a bunch of them and find a chunk of the really good ones. or maybe a organize afew smaller packs of different sets. Maybe a set for toonami another for adult swim, one for watch our streams etc. 

Appreciate the help and also all your hard work!
Cool, looking forward to seeing community support.
@TVNow
Thanks for the packs, can we get them on github? Directions in OP. I'd rather keep everything in a repository; after I'll consolidate your contributions to a single post in this thread. Thanks.
(2020-07-12, 17:51)Lunatixz Wrote: @TVNow
Thanks for the packs, can we get them on github? Directions in OP. I'd rather keep everything in a repository; after I'll consolidate your contributions to a single post in this thread. Thanks.

I would have to research it a little more as I have never done this before.
(2020-07-12, 18:31)TVNow Wrote:

I have signed up with GitHub and I have a few questions:
- I forked your repository
- I was looking through the examples and didn’t see one for bumpers
- I’m not a programmer and am unfamiliar with GitHub. Is there any easy step-by-step guide/video you can reference me to? I clicked on the examples and was still confused to what all the coding meant and what to enter or revise.
- I see that I can drag and drop files directly into the repository, but I thought I read files had to be either from YouTube or Vimeo. I have already upload many bumpers to the web with provided links.
(2020-07-12, 20:11)TVNow Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 18:31)TVNow Wrote:

- I’m not a programmer and am unfamiliar with GitHub. Is there any easy step-by-step guide/video you can reference me to? I clicked on the examples and was still confused to what all the coding meant and what to enter or revise.
- I see that I can drag and drop files directly into the repository, but I thought I read files had to be either from YouTube or Vimeo. I have already upload many bumpers to the web with provided links.
When I find some time I will create a mock bumper packaging using one of your contributions so that you can mimic it.

Github's web UI added drag n' drop file additions so you can youtube a how to...
(2020-07-12, 20:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 20:11)TVNow Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 18:31)TVNow Wrote: I would have to research it a little more as I have never done this before.

When I find some time I will create a mock bumper packaging using one of your contributions so that you can mimic it.

Github's web UI added drag n' drop file additions so you can youtube a how to...

Thank you.
@TVNow
Your bumpers look great!
I'm sure I will be making good use with some of these in the near future! Smile
Thank-you and well done!
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resource Packs... (Logos/Ratings/Bumpers/Commercials/Trailers)1