Any interest in updated (smartplaylist) for all Oscar categories?
Hello,

I was unsure of where to post this as I did not want to step on the already existing thread in the Off-Topic Forum.  If it's more appropriate for this to be appended there, can a moderator please move this?  Thanks.

I created playlists for all 24 merit awards and one overall list for every move that has won an Oscar, all based on info from Wikipedia.  The zip file is located here:

Oscar Playlists

Caveats:
  1. I did this while on painkillers for dental surgery, there are likely mistakes in here (there are almost 4000 rules after all)
  2.  The list is in English for the Title (not original title or other title fields)
  3. Your title must match the one in the list, so some may not display.  You will have to decide what to change, the title or the playlist info
  4. For a couple of movies, I added the year to the title for disambiguation purposes (e.g. "Ben-Hur (1959)" to differentiate from the 2016 stinker)
  5. If you don't have the movie, it won't be listed Smile
Let's put this into off-topic and see what interest it gets.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Outrageously great, my Kodi playlists have grown to the point I create nodes for just about everything and rarely use the default library view. I see this post was moved to 'off topic', and you might have missed https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2830824 bsoriano Oscars smartplaylists, but I see you have included Documentaries and Shorts which have previously been overlooked.

Trusting that the dental work isn't responsible for your efforts, but if they were 'this smart playlist is a must have!

Thank-You.
(2019-09-19, 10:31)DarrenHill Wrote: Let's put this into off-topic and see what interest it gets.

Thank you for doing that Smile
(2019-09-19, 16:24)PatK Wrote: Outrageously great, my Kodi playlists have grown to the point I create nodes for just about everything and rarely use the default library view. I see this post was moved to 'off topic', and you might have missed https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2830824 bsoriano Oscars smartplaylists, but I see you have included Documentaries and Shorts which have previously been overlooked.

Trusting that the dental work isn't responsible for your efforts, but if they were 'this smart playlist is a must have!

Thank-You.

Thank you for the kind words.  I was aware of the other thread, that's the one I didn't want to impinge on.  I also use smart playlists for almost everything, but am not too familiar with the inner workings of nodes themselves.  The dental work was why I had time to stay home to do this, it's a yearlong process to replace a tooth up here.
(2019-09-20, 02:48)Tired Dad Wrote: ut am not too familiar with the inner workings of nodes themselves.   
a node and a smart play list are all most the same
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="50" type="filter">
<label>344</label>
<icon>DefaultActor.png</icon>
<content>movies</content>
<group>actors</group>
</node>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>actors</name>
<match>all</match>
<group>actors</group>
</smartplaylist>
(2019-09-20, 02:48)Tired Dad Wrote: not too familiar with the inner workings of nodes
Video nodes (wiki) and Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) The editor is a bit quirky in the way it works, but makes it easy to do nodes. Yes they're very similar to smart playlists but you can have them hierarchical with custom icons and not only suppliant home page menu's but replace them.
(2019-09-20, 05:08)PatK Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 02:48)Tired Dad Wrote: not too familiar with the inner workings of nodes
Video nodes (wiki) and Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) The editor is a bit quirky in the way it works, but makes it easy to do nodes. Yes they're very similar to smart playlists but you can have them hierarchical with custom icons and not only suppliant home page menu's but replace them. 
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.  Would it allow me to display the "Best Actor" movies (for example) and show only the winning actor's image and then when you click it, the corresponding movie(s) ?
(2019-09-20, 05:32)Tired Dad Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 05:08)PatK Wrote:
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.  Would it allow me to display the "Best Actor" movies (for example) and show only the winning actor's image and then when you click it, the corresponding movie(s) ? 
I suppose you could create an actors 'thumbnail icon image' for the folder node 'best actor', but the click would bring up the entire 'node' with the rule playlist. If my memory serves, it might be possible using rules to bring up a select movie inside of the same node as top listing (might have to be a bit creative with the rule, it's starting to get complicated). As a side note: node .xml files that look a lot like smart playlists are kept in \userdata\library\video and can be typed in with any editor. 

Let us know how it goes, if you have any difficulties post here.
(2019-09-20, 03:05)the_other_guy Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 02:48)Tired Dad Wrote: ut am not too familiar with the inner workings of nodes themselves.   
<label>344</label>
<group>actors</group>
</node>
<name>actors</name>
<match>all</match>
<group>actors</group>
</smartplaylist> 

If I am understanding this correctly, these are two examples, one for nodes, the other for smart playlists that will being up all movies and group by actor?  However the node will have a thumbnail for "Actors" while the smart playlist will just be assigned to whatever menu item you choose if you were editing a skin.
(2019-09-21, 04:02)Tired Dad Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 03:05)the_other_guy Wrote:
<label>344</label>
<group>actors</group>
</node>
<name>actors</name>
<match>all</match>
<group>actors</group>
</smartplaylist>  

If I am understanding this correctly, these are two examples, one for nodes, the other for smart playlists that will being up all movies and group by actor?  However the node will have a thumbnail for "Actors" while the smart playlist will just be assigned to whatever menu item you choose if you were editing a skin. 
icons - images can be added
with a bit of moding you can add new rows of nodes at this time there is no backdrop image support
\\
xml:

<include content="WidgetListCategories"  condition="!Skin.HasSetting(video-row1)+ Skin.HasSetting(video-WidgetList-row1) + Skin.HasSetting(videowidget_1_Categories_Square)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="library://video/widgets/video/row1"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="row1"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="11100"/>
                            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(video-row1)</visible>
                            </include>

<include content="WidgetListPoster" condition="!Skin.HasSetting(video-row1) + !Skin.HasSetting(video-WidgetList-row1) + !Skin.HasSetting(videowidget1_Poster)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="library://video/widgets/video/row1/row1.xml"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="row1"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="11100"/>
                            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(video-row1)</visible>
                            </include>

ImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any interest in updated (smartplaylist) for all Oscar categories?0