Movie and TV Universes. Are there any good practices to follow for the Arrowverse?
Looks great!!

Thanks for the list. I'll add it to the wiki in the next couple of days.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-09, 08:15)Karellen Wrote: Looks great!!

Thanks for the list. I'll add it to the wiki in the next couple of days.

Thank you Big Grin

Was up till early hours last night finishing it off, then saw your post and thought I'd share. 

Now, thankfully, I wont have to switch between seasons to watch.

Still, after years of using Kodi, trying to figure out how to stop the next episode from playing automatically.. I'm a sod for falling asleep when watching and trying to figure out which one I fell asleep in. I've found the settings in various skins to prevent it, but none seem to work, the episodes still all play one after the other.
(2019-10-10, 00:09)Rippoholic Wrote: Still, after years of using Kodi, trying to figure out how to stop the next episode from playing automatically
Do you have setting 1.1 disabled? It is a toggle, so select to add or remove.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Videos
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've not got anything selected there, but if I do highlight episodes and/or tv shows it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's just bewildering to me.

ImageImage
That is strange. I don't have that problem. How do you commence playback? "Enter" or are you setting up playlists (not the smart playlists) or context menu/play from here?

My only other thought is an add-on might be forcing the next video to play?

Capture it in a Debug Log and post it. It might show what is forcing the next episode to play.
My Signature
(2019-10-10, 02:39)Karellen Wrote: That is strange. I don't have that problem. How do you commence playback? "Enter" or are you setting up playlists (not the smart playlists) or context menu/play from here?

My only other thought is an add-on might be forcing the next video to play?

Capture it in a Debug Log and post it. It might show what is forcing the next episode to play.

I use my nVidia Shield for my Kodi setup, so I use the remote for that or the Kore remote for android. I'm not setting up anything other than smart playlists, but this is just watching a regular series not in a smart playlist. I presume the middle button on the shields remote or the Kore Android app is 'enter'?

I can't see an addon that would force it to play the next episode, and I'm using the normal folder structure:
TV
-Arrow
-Season 1
---Episode 1
---Episode 2
-Season 2
---Episode 1
---Episode 2

The skin I am using is Aeon Nox SiLVO with the 'recommended' and 'optional' addons installed. 

I've tried to replicate the problem on my main rig (PC), but it's fine on here.. It seems like it's only happening on the nVidia Shield.

I'm not sure how to get a debug log off the nVidia Shield yet, I'll work it out.

....Just as typing this post I found the bugger! 

It is an addon called 'Up Next'. I've disabled it and tested and it's stopped playing the next episode.

Hi,

@Rippoholic 

Thanks for this detailed guided, was exactly what i was looking for.
I dough however have a questian, the movies that you list in your "Universes" is there a way to exclude them from the "Movies" Menu ?

Was wondering if there is some way, cause now i have a listing of a movie twice, once under "Movies" and once under "Universes"

Regards
Peter
@billmartian Still learning myself.

If you enter the context menu you may be able to 'hide' them, though I'm not sure if they will disappear from the Universes list too.
(2019-10-25, 17:40)billmartian Wrote: dough however have a questian, the movies that you list in your "Universes" is there a way to exclude them from the "Movies" Menu ?
**Post edited to fix an error.

Create a new Smart Playlist
Add your rules to exclude your Universe playlists.
Then set Match to "Match all rules"

Once you have your playlist, in a suitable skin edit the Movie menu item so it points to the new smart playlist.
My Signature
So I just came across this thread and found it very interesting. And now I have an opinion and a question.

First my opinion: 
Instead of using BulkRenamer I'd use Advance Renamer (it's Free/Donation-ware (were as long as after the trial period you dont mind closing the little pop-up asking for donation to get a serial key almost every time you open the program. Or you can make the donation.)) as it's slightly easier on both the eyes and use.
As far as actually renaming goes you can add all files and sort them in the order you want then use a rename selection type and have it add [[Universe Name Prefix] Numbering] to the beginning of the filename
So you Rename parameters would look like this
And now for the question:
With all that being said how would I make a smart playlist for the Entire Star Wars Universe (or others) that have both movies and tv shows like THIS. I know that there is 4 Types Of playlist (Movies, TV Show, Episodes, Mixed) While I tried the Mixed and couldn't get nothing to show; and iirc the options you get for adding isn't all that much or as complete as what you get with the other 3.
(2019-11-03, 02:44)TwistedFaith Wrote: Instead of using BulkRenamer I'd use Advance Renamer
Wasn't aware of that one, but I will try it next time I have a large number of files to rename.

(2019-11-03, 02:44)TwistedFaith Wrote: While I tried the Mixed and couldn't get nothing to show
Mixed content is for combining Music and Music Videos only. As they both share the same Artist field they are easier to match up and combine.

(2019-11-03, 02:44)TwistedFaith Wrote: I make a smart playlist for the Entire Star Wars Universe (or others) that have both movies and tv shows like THIS
Unfortunately you cannot. Kodi does not allow combining of TV Shows and Movies into a Smart Playlist. It would be a nice feature to have, but no developer has shown interest in coding the feature. (public is welcome to help out)

There are a couple of work arounds but they are ugly and require a fair amount of work and hair pulling.
1. m3u8 playlist. Very ugly, limited artwork, limited everything. Add to the list one movie or episode at a time, and not easy to edit to add more entries.
2. Move Movies into a TV Show and each movie is an episode. Easier than previous option, but I imagine not something most members would want.
My Signature
Ahh ok well I just thought off maybe another way to make that playlist but it requires making 2 other playlists; one for Movies, and one for Episodes; and the 3 playlist would have links to both playlists in the add options. But what type to make it (Movies, TV Show, or Episodes) I don't know.

Oh and I almost forgot that when bulk renaming using Advance Renamer you would want to do that for every type of file (ie video, nfo, thumbs (jpeg, jpg)) your parameters would be the same and you would have to order the files the same so it might get a little tidiest (if you have them)
(2019-11-03, 03:27)TwistedFaith Wrote: Ahh ok well I just thought off maybe another way to make that playlist but it requires making 2 other playlists; one for Movies, and one for Episodes; and the 3 playlist would have links to both playlists in the add options. But what type to make it (Movies, TV Show, or Episodes) I don't know.
Nope, that will not work either. I have tried that Wink
My Signature
Is the universes button working to watch the Arrowverse ?
(2019-10-09, 05:15)Rippoholic Wrote: Just finished renaming. Ended up doing it manually in the end.. quite a task.

I searched for the file type, cut and pasted all 441 episodes into a new folder, added the prefix of 'AVU00000-' to the files, then started renaming. The Universes all seem to work great, and the theme.mp3 plays with the corresponding series episode highlighted. Definitely worth the time and effort. Leaving plenty of wiggle room to fit in tv movies, web series etc..

I just dropped a bat file in that I double click that automatically shove the list into a .txt file before I put all the episodes back into their folders.

Just deciding what skin to use now, I do like Aeon Nox SiLVO, I'm not sure what other skins are good to work with that have that type of customisation. I've used so many over the years with so many different options. My main use system now is an nVidia Shield, very happy with that.

Just in case it comes in handy, feel free to use the list for the Arrowverse:
https://paste.kodi.tv/xitaciresu

Can you share a tutorial to have universes added to kodi with the Arrowverse ?

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie and TV Universes. Are there any good practices to follow for the Arrowverse?0