[split] Help with Resource Packs...
I'm really interested in where these "screen overlays" are going to go, the possibilities.  Also I have been wanting to implement screen ratings before a movie, like on movie channels like HBO would always have that specific screen that would come up ahead of time.  I could try to reproduce some of these videos for this type of usage.  There are old ones on Youtube but for the most part they are not the best quality, so I could simply recreate them.  Although is that within the "rules"?  To recreate a rating trailer from a known tv network?  Or I suppose such a video would be considered a "fan video" or "tribute", I've seen a few of those on YT as well.

I could even release After Effects video project files that are templated and ready for anyone else who knows AE and want's to personalize them.  I'm actually in the process of creating a "weather channel" backdrop video for a weather channel where I am going to utilize an overlay that will sit above the video, displaying the actual weather data, giving the impression that you have simply turned to the weather channel and are watching the forecast, at least the way the weather channel used to be back in the day.  Are you interested in implementing the ability to add a weather channel to your new version?

Lunatixz if you ever want an extra set of hands from a very experienced programmer just ask.
(2019-09-20, 01:43)soundman1611 Wrote: I'm really interested in where these "screen overlays" are going to go, the possibilities.  Also I have been wanting to implement screen ratings before a movie, like on movie channels like HBO would always have that specific screen that would come up ahead of time.  I could try to reproduce some of these videos for this type of usage.  There are old ones on Youtube but for the most part they are not the best quality, so I could simply recreate them.  Although is that within the "rules"?  To recreate a rating trailer from a known tv network?  Or I suppose such a video would be considered a "fan video" or "tribute", I've seen a few of those on YT as well.

I could even release After Effects video project files that are templated and ready for anyone else who knows AE and want's to personalize them.  I'm actually in the process of creating a "weather channel" backdrop video for a weather channel where I am going to utilize an overlay that will sit above the video, displaying the actual weather data, giving the impression that you have simply turned to the weather channel and are watching the forecast, at least the way the weather channel used to be back in the day.  Are you interested in implementing the ability to add a weather channel to your new version?

Lunatixz if you ever want an extra set of hands from a very experienced programmer just ask.

There are two examples in a twitter post linked above... The "Overlay" rule is per channel and allows users to resize video playback in order to squeeze the playing area to the overlay. It's kinda a nitch thing, but hopefully someone will use it Smile

Ratings before movies were built into PTVL v.0.8.x part of the BCT auto-tuning... it does give you the HBO feel. If you are interested in vintage rating's take a look at the repo above, there is a 70's theme, I'd really like to see a modern set one reminiscent of HBO today. Sure, you can create your own bumpers... that would be great! not sure about using footage from a show/movie.

Weather Channel sounds cool... maybe a future PTVL feature? Help would be awesome; after release, any contributions would be appreciated. THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Yeah for the weather channel I'm just gonna keep it real basic, simple overlays and variables.  I suppose that if such a feature was implemented the user could add a "weather channel" advanced channel rule to whatever channel they wish to designate.  The original weather channel basically cycled through different pieces of information like today's forcast, 5 day, etc. 

I might look into creating a weather channel rule where you can turn the weather overlays on and be able to set the timings between each overlay.  So you could set it to display today's forecast for 10 seconds, then the week forecast for 20 seconds.

If I am correct displaying weather info is as simple as embedding the proper $info tags into the overlays in the skin?  I already have a weather addon installed (Yahoo Weather) and my location is correctly set.
(2019-09-20, 03:33)soundman1611 Wrote: Yeah for the weather channel I'm just gonna keep it real basic, simple overlays and variables.  I suppose that if such a feature was implemented the user could add a "weather channel" advanced channel rule to whatever channel they wish to designate.  The original weather channel basically cycled through different pieces of information like today's forcast, 5 day, etc. 

I might look into creating a weather channel rule where you can turn the weather overlays on and be able to set the timings between each overlay.  So you could set it to display today's forecast for 10 seconds, then the week forecast for 20 seconds.

If I am correct displaying weather info is as simple as embedding the proper $info tags into the overlays in the skin?  I already have a weather addon installed (Yahoo Weather) and my location is correctly set.
I would avoid making it a rule and add it as an optional channel type a user can tune to.
(2019-09-20, 03:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 03:33)soundman1611 Wrote: Yeah for the weather channel I'm just gonna keep it real basic, simple overlays and variables.  I suppose that if such a feature was implemented the user could add a "weather channel" advanced channel rule to whatever channel they wish to designate.  The original weather channel basically cycled through different pieces of information like today's forcast, 5 day, etc. 

I would avoid making it a rule and add it as an optional channel type a user can tune to. 

Will do.
@soundman1611  found this while searching the web, thought this might interest you... good collection of images and videos: http://companybumpers.wikifoundry.com/pa...ng+Bumpers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Help with Resource Packs...0