[split] [RELEASE] context.youtube.dl.menu (Context menu + button to download Youtube videos)
@AnonTester

Why are you hosting some of my screensavers on your repo? ... if you modify them I'm stupefied to why you wouldn't submit your addition to the master fork. A community that works toward a singular goal has value. The last thing we need is a dozen forks of the same plugin with minor variations and version numbers... this leaves users confused and obscures the origin of the code.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz 
1.) Why aren't you sending me a private message about this instead of posting in this release thread? Your question and comments are not related to this topic at all.
2.) If you look at your own github page, you would have noticed that I submitted an issue to your Google Earth screensaver back in January this year, advising that I don't know much about python and stated what I changed. You didn't do anything about it and closed it 19 days ago... https://github.com/Lunatixz/KODI_Addons/issues/34  The only other change was a personal preference to update the images more often.
3.) I'm not submitting something to an official repo if the owner of the code hasn't commented on the proposed fix and I'm using nightlies and don't know what impact this would have on older stable versions. It's in my own repo, for my own use. It's not confusing anyone as this wasn't released or advertised anywhere.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2019-09-19, 23:37)AnonTester Wrote: @Lunatixz 
1.) Why aren't you sending me a private message about this instead of posting in this release thread? Your question and comments are not related to this topic at all.
2.) If you look at your own github page, you would have noticed that I submitted an issue to your Google Earth screensaver back in January this year, advising that I don't know much about python and stated what I changed. You didn't do anything about it and closed it 19 days ago... https://github.com/Lunatixz/KODI_Addons/issues/34  The only other change was a personal preference to update the images more often.
3.) I'm not submitting something to an official repo if the owner of the code hasn't commented on the proposed fix and I'm using nightlies and don't know what impact this would have on older stable versions. It's in my own repo, for my own use. It's not confusing anyone as this wasn't released or advertised anywhere.

1. Transparency, No reason we can't have this conversation in public.

2. I see you posted an issue, however, you didn't create a PR containing a fix. So I guess the idea of community and developer support is unimportant? The issue was closed after I fixed the issue, which wouldn't have taken so long if you submitted your fix months earlier; Sharing means caring, lol

3. The official repo has nothing to do with it, once you place another developer's plugin into a publicly shared repository (one not maintained by the original author) you are creating a form of malware. Essentially you are hijacking my project! If this was a personal project it should have remained out of a publicly available repository.

I never really understood why the Kodi community feels this type of behavior is acceptable..... You are free to do what you want, edit code, use it as a base... tweak it for your needs! whatever! it's open-source; However, there is an opensource edict. Fork from the base, don't create clones! A fork would have allowed me to track your changes/fixes which would benefit the community at large! Ask yourself, are your changes enough to warrant a variant of a project or would it be beneficial to contribute to the base? If your changes are significant, after creating a fork rename the project and its id. Otherwise, you are hijacking another developers project. I have tons of projects going at once; if you are capable... help would have been extremely appreciated!!
@AnonTester I split the thread from your topic, we can continue the conversation here. Please resolve the issue with my plugins or remove your repository post and urls.... THX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] [RELEASE] context.youtube.dl.menu (Context menu + button to download Youtube videos)0