Solved Problem from scrapping TV Shows
Hi everybody,

I made a custom advancedsettings.xml for my tv show structure, about 100 tv shows, but there is one and only one tv show where I have a problem Smile

Structure of tv shows :

Title of series (year) -> Season xx -> xx - name of the episode

I use 2 episodes for my test :
Eyeshield 21 (2004) (Vostfr) -> Saison 01 -> 05 - Gardes du corps durant une demi seconde
Eyeshield 21 (2004) (Vostfr) -> Saison 01 -> 102 - Surmonte tes peurs !

The problem comes from that there is more than one hundred episode for one season. So the episode 102 is known as episode 2.

I don't find the solution in the advancedsettings.xml, you'll find my advancedsettings.xml :

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="append">
<regexp>(?i)[/\\]Saison[^\w]?(\d{1,2})[/\\](\d\d?)[^\w]-[^\w]([^/\\]*)</regexp>
<regexp defaultseason="0">Specials[\\/]()([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

my kodi.log also : https://paste.kodi.tv/lohagedulo.kodi

If you can find a solution, I will be so grateful !

Best.
The error may be in your file naming.

Try changing

/storage/emulated/0/Test Kodi 000/EyeShield 21(2004) (Vostfr)/Saison 01/102 - Surmonte tes peurs !.mp4

to

/storage/emulated/0/Test Kodi 000/EyeShield 21(2004) (Vostfr)/Saison 01/S01E102 - Surmonte tes peurs !.mp4

And see if that helps.

For reference, our recommendations of file naming are on the wiki (here).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Tongue 
(2019-09-20, 14:26)DarrenHill Wrote: The error may be in your file naming.

Try changing

/storage/emulated/0/Test Kodi 000/EyeShield 21(2004) (Vostfr)/Saison 01/102 - Surmonte tes peurs !.mp4

to

/storage/emulated/0/Test Kodi 000/EyeShield 21(2004) (Vostfr)/Saison 01/S01E102 - Surmonte tes peurs !.mp4

And see if that helps.

For reference, our recommendations of file naming are on the wiki (here).
Thanks, that's work !!!
You think there is no solution with advancedsettings ?
As per the wiki link above, the TV shows need reasonably specific naming. The folder name gives the name of the actual series ("Eyeshield 21" in this case) and within that each episode needs to have the season and episode in it (the "S01E102" for season 1 episode 102) in the SxxExx format (or a variant on it, see the wiki again). You can have series/season sub-folders in there too if you want, but the upper level (the one that has "this folder contains a single TV show" flag set) has to refer to a single show entry in the scraper database.

The problem is that for Kodi "102" in the filename doesn't mean anything, as it could easily be part of the title. If there's only one series you can sometimes get away with just Exx (so E102 - Surmonte tes peurs !.mp4 in the above case), but to be honest it's a good habit to get into naming the files with season and episode in all cases.

You could maybe hack something together with a regex to tell Kodi that the number is the episode number, but that would be rather complicated and would probably only work for single series shows (details are here and here on regex settings). It's not something I've ever done, and to be honest i'd get into the habit of naming your files with the SxxExx in there as it makes life a lot simpler all round once you've bitten the bullet and changed your existing file setup.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-20, 16:15)DarrenHill Wrote: As per the wiki link above, the TV shows need reasonably specific naming. The folder name gives the name of the actual series ("Eyeshield 21" in this case) and within that each episode needs to have the season and episode in it (the "S01E102" for season 1 episode 102) in the SxxExx format (or a variant on it, see the wiki again). You can have series/season sub-folders in there too if you want, but the upper level (the one that has "this folder contains a single TV show" flag set) has to refer to a single show entry in the scraper database.

The problem is that for Kodi "102" in the filename doesn't mean anything, as it could easily be part of the title. If there's only one series you can sometimes get away with just Exx (so E102 - Surmonte tes peurs !.mp4 in the above case), but to be honest it's a good habit to get into naming the files with season and episode in all cases.

You could maybe hack something together with a regex to tell Kodi that the number is the episode number, but that would be rather complicated and would probably only work for single series shows (details are here and here on regex settings). It's not something I've ever done, and to be honest i'd get into the habit of naming your files with the SxxExx in there as it makes life a lot simpler all round once you've bitten the bullet and changed your existing file setup.
Yes I know that naming my files SxxExx will be the best for Kodi but I don't like this naming Smile
I will use this naming only for this tv show, it's my only solution.
Thank you very much for your advice and help Wink
Thread marked solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem from scrapping TV Shows0