Organization Question: Doctor Who Movies/Specials
How should I organize the Doctor Who specials - as movies or as specials under TV shows specials?

A few weeks ago, I pre-ordered the new David Tennant Blu-Ray collection. It came in a couple days ago and I'm currently in the process of copying it via MakeMKV and then compressing via Handbrake at RF 18 (best size/quality compromise). I purchased the Matt Smith seasons and movies a year or so ago, but when it came time to organize the movies/specials (i.e. Day of the Doctor, Time of the Doctor), I organized them as movies. And that worked alright. But now I'm running into more of these movies/specials with the David Tennant set and I'm afraid my movie collection will be overrun with Doctor Who movies. Since these movies are associated with the show and also have specials numbers (i.e. 00x65) would it make more sense for me to organize them as movies or as Doctor Who specials under TV shows?
(2019-09-20, 20:03)Faber Wrote: would it make more sense for me to organize them as movies or as Doctor Who specials under TV shows?
TV Shows. Some of these specials are only a few minutes in duration, so not sure what benefit there is to have them listed as movies.

Also be aware that the specials numbers listed at TVDB and TheMovieDB are different, so make sure of which scraper you are using and that you are referring to the correct site when checking numbering.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-20, 20:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-20, 20:03)Faber Wrote: would it make more sense for me to organize them as movies or as Doctor Who specials under TV shows?
TV Shows. Some of these specials are only a few minutes in duration, so not sure what benefit there is to have them listed as movies.

Also be aware that the specials numbers listed at TVDB and TheMovieDB are different, so make sure of which scraper you are using and that you are referring to the correct site when checking numbering. 

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organization Question: Doctor Who Movies/Specials0