Sony bravia Kodi keeps stopping in the middle of video playback
I have a sony bravia tv with Kodi. When watching movies it keeps stopping playback of movies in the middle of the movie. I have tried plex and this does not occur. It is only with kodi. I have talked with verizon and it's not on there side. I had best buy replace the motherboard and the wireless card through my warranty and it is still doing it. I've even removed kodi and re-installed but it keeps occurring. I want to stay with kodi because it is more customizable but it is very annoying when the movie just stop or buffers and having to wait 30 seconds before it will start playing again. Any suggestions?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-09-21, 16:31)shindou1 Wrote: I have talked with verizon and it's not on there side

Just out of interest, where are you sourcing these Movies from ?  I'm guessing from that line above that they are not local to your machine/home network ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2019-09-21, 17:16)black_eagle Wrote:
(2019-09-21, 16:31)shindou1 Wrote: I have talked with verizon and it's not on there side

Just out of interest, where are you sourcing these Movies from ?  I'm guessing from that line above that they are not local to your machine/home network ? 
It is through a local network. I use 5g through verizon. The router is on the second floor and I know that does not have as far a range as 2.4. So while using kodi the sony bravia said internet disconnected sometimes. It is only with kodi not with plex or netflix. So there is something going on with kodi that is causing the difficulty.
(2019-09-21, 16:50)Klojum Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I'm currently doing the log on my tv trying to recreate it. It happens randomly.
(2019-09-21, 17:45)shindou1 Wrote:
(2019-09-21, 17:16)black_eagle Wrote:

It is through a local network. I use 5g through verizon. The router is on the second floor and I know that does not have as far a range as 2.4. So while using kodi the sony bravia said internet disconnected sometimes. It is only with kodi not with plex or netflix. So there is something going on with kodi that is causing the difficulty. 

Bandwidth. Plex transcodes -> low bandwidth. Netflix the same. Kodi streams whatever files you have in their stored quality.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-09-21, 17:46)shindou1 Wrote:
(2019-09-21, 16:50)Klojum Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

I'm currently doing the log on my tv trying to recreate it. It happens randomly. 
alright, I've been trying to get the log but it does it at random times. So I will have to keep it on all the time for it to get it. The videos are 4k so I don't know if there size is too much for my sony bravia tv or if there is some other issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony bravia Kodi keeps stopping in the middle of video playback0