Updating Tags in Music Library
Hi All

I sometimes edit the tags of music which I have already scanned to the Music Library. Once I've edited the tags (I use Jriver for this) I navigate to 'files' and rescan the folder. This is inconvenient.

Is it possible to use the 'refresh' button from within the music library to update metadata? At the moment, when I try to do this it tries to scrape information rather than rereading the embedded tags...
Hello 

I just went through a major edit of all my music tags because i had issues with my library. I was told and i did use music brainz pickard to find edit and save the tags in my library. Infact now when I add an album to my music share i first run it through music brainz and correct the tags and then save it to the library and then load it to KODI.
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2019-09-23, 02:34)Tstrbl Wrote: I sometimes edit the tags of music which I have already scanned to the Music Library. Once I've edited the tags (I use Jriver for this) I navigate to 'files' and rescan the folder. This is inconvenient.
When on the music library window you can select "update library" from the sideblade menu. This will work in the background, checking your music source(s) for changes or new files and update the library accordingly. You can continue to browse the music library and play music while this happens.

As you have found the "refresh" button on thre artist and album info dialogs is about refreshing the additional artist or album information and artwork scraped from remote sites or NFO files, not about updating fundamental library entries. If you think about it the relationship between a music file and the artists, albums, songs, genres etc. in the library is not a simple one, hence there is no triggering of tag scanning from music files from a single entry in the way you expected.
(2019-09-23, 09:39)DaveBlake Wrote: If you think about it the relationship between a music file and the artists, albums, songs, genres etc. in the library is not a simple one, hence there is no triggering of tag scanning from music files from a single entry in the way you expected. 
Thanks for replying.

OK, I thought that was the case. I don't really see why it's not simple though. If I navigate to 'files' and rescan the folder containing the files I want to update, Kodi simply scans them in a few seconds and updates tags. Why can't this be done from the music library information menu? I mean, it's not that important, just inconvenient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Tags in Music Library0