Extras and RegEx
When I goto Extras after putting the supplemental material in a sub folder named 'Extras', the files are escaped.... Ex: %20%20%21%%%%...etc. How can I avoid this. I came across some code that can be added to an 'advancedconfig.xml' file, however i have no idea how that works or where to put it.

Again I want the extras not to be ran through an escape string function....

TIA
Please post a screenshot of the problem and also a screenshot of your Extras folder.

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-23, 12:14)Karellen Wrote: Please post a screenshot of the problem and also a screenshot of your Extras folder.

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link

I don't have an easy way to post a screenshot so let me explain the situation better:

I place the dvd special featurets in a sub folder in the root of my films. An example:
..../films/XXXTHEMOVIETITLEXXX/XXXMOVIE.avi
.../films/XXXTHEMOVIETITLEXXX/Extras/XXXEXTRAXXX.avi
.../films/XXXTHEMOVIETITLEXXX/Extras/XXXEXTRAXXX2.avi
.../films/XXXTHEMOVIETITLEXXX/Extras/XXXEXTRAXXX3.avi
....etc.

The extras work fine through the Extras sub-context menu however they are escaped..for example spaces become %20 and other special characters are escaped as well.

I was wondering if there was a way to disabke this. Are the Titles stored in a DB escaped. Is there a flag somewhere in the DB tree I can switch to disable this? It looks like %$34%%i%%t and makes it hard to read.

Thx
Nope, they are not stored in a database. They are simple direct access of the file system.

I have never seen such an occurrence, which is why I asked for a screenshot as the starting step to diagnose this. If you cannot provide it, then there is nothing else I can do.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-28, 05:10)Karellen Wrote: Nope, they are not stored in a database. They are simple direct access of the file system.

I have never seen such an occurrence, which is why I asked for a screenshot as the starting step to diagnose this. If you cannot provide it, then there is nothing else I can do.
What skin is that? Are you sure you are using the Extras add-on?
My Signature
(2019-09-28, 06:04)Karellen Wrote: What skin is that? Are you sure you are using the Extras add-on?

Estouchy, latest v19 Alpha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras and RegEx0