Alpha Lower fps support
i would like lower fps support (30-40), cause with minimum 50fps,movie looks like fake and like a documentary!! Thanks.
we already support this. But it depends on your configuration and hardware if it is also capable of natively supporting the according refresh rate. If it's not enabled on your setup yet, go to "Settings -> Player -> Videos" and enable "Adjust display refresh rate".

And in case you don't want KODI to use a specific resolution and/or refresh rate, you can create a whitelist for the combinations you'd like to use. To specify the optional whitelist go to "Settings -> System -> Display" and select the desired resolution+refresh rate combinations in "Display mode -> Whitelist". Note that you have to enable the "Expert" settings level in order to see the whitelist setting.
(2019-09-25, 13:58)da-anda Wrote: we already support this. But it depends on your configuration and hardware if it is also capable of natively supporting the according refresh rate. If it's not enabled on your setup yet, go to "Settings -> Player -> Videos" and enable "Adjust display refresh rate".

And in case you don't want KODI to use a specific resolution and/or refresh rate, you can create a whitelist for the combinations you'd like to use. To specify the optional whitelist go to "Settings -> System -> Display" and select the desired resolution+refresh rate combinations in "Display mode -> Whitelist". Note that you have to enable the "Expert" settings level in order to see the whitelist setting.
thanks, but this didnt help though. Minimum frame is 50. As of this,i have bit lag every about 20 secs.Could you add lower fps (about 30) in future builds please? so we dont wave lags and movies look more cinematic. Btw i use coreelec. Thanks.
where do you see a minimum refresh rate of 50? Could you provide a screenshot (or picture taken with your phone?). KODI does support whatever refresh rate your TV supports. If your TV only reports 50Hz as supported display refresh rate in it's EDID info, than KODI will use that and adjust the videos accordingly. Since I know that CoreElec does modify certain parts of KODI, the issue could also be on their end and not KODI.
If your TV really is unable to do any refreshrate switching, you probably have to enable "Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Sync playback to display". This however will turn off audio passthrough and use multichannel PCM via HDMI.
thanks bro.Maybe I confused fps with Hz.Also I have a feeling that magisk 19.3 has to do a bit with it.Tomorrow when I get home,I'll try magisk 19.4 beta and the setting you suggested me.
oh, if you run on a phone/tablet, then there is no refresh rate switching (those devices simply don't support it for their builtin display) and you should enable "sync playback to display" which should get rid of the stalls every 20 seconds
No,I own a Vorke Z6 bro..
never heard of it so can't tell if it does properly support the Android APIs for refresh rate switching etc etc - but if you can't change the resolution inside KODI settings -> system -> video it is very unlikely that you can do any refresh rate switching and thus you should enable "sync playback to display"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lower fps support0