"Scan to Library" not working - a few files seem impossible to scrape.
I'm running a RockPi 4 with OpenELEC 8.90.014 and Kodi is at version 18.1. I recently updated my library with new files (running off an external drive) - new TV show content updated fine but about half of the movies weren't added. They were all processed with FileBot before hand which usually does it so it was a bit odd.

Rescanning did nothing and I tried to scrape the files manually using "scan to library". When I do this Kodi asks me for the name to scan and then says "Locally found information found. Ignore and refresh from internet?" (there are no .nfo files for these so this is an error). Whether I select yes or no it just asks for the name over and over again and never scrapes. Rescanning or going to "update library" also doesn't work.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
@DunKhanate

OpenELEC is a dead fork which has not been maintained in over 2 years. We provide no support here for it any longer. Scraping and Movie Sets are known to be broken in OpenELEC, amongst other functions.

Please update to LibreELEC.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
See if you have this setting and disable it:  Kodi settings/Media/Videos/Use video tags.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-27, 01:04)Karellen Wrote: @DunKhanate

OpenELEC is a dead fork which has not been maintained in over 2 years. We provide no support here for it any longer. Scraping and Movie Sets are known to be broken in OpenELEC, amongst other functions.

Please update to LibreELEC.

I had a bit of a brain fart, it is LibreELEC I'm using, not OpenELEC. Was so focused on getting the version numbers I missed that howler!
(2019-09-27, 01:07)brazen1 Wrote: See if you have this setting and disable it:  Kodi settings/Media/Videos/Use video tags.
Sadly it's already off, so it's presumably not causing the problem. Worth checking though!
I think you have an old scraper version, so update your scraper... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2885417

If that is not the problem then we will need a debug log which captures you scraping these shows.

Read here for info required... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Didn't look like the version number updated but it seemed to sort it - thanks! Absolute lifesaver.

If you don't mind a little followup I noticed a few older files that also missed being scraped - one of these is split (i.e. [FILM NAME].cd1.[extension])) and when I manually scrape them it recognises it as two identical films.

Not the end of the world but the automatic scraper tends to figure out when two files are one movie. Is there any way of manually combining them into one entry on Kodi? No worries if not, you've already helped loads!
(2019-09-27, 15:15)DunKhanate Wrote: Is there any way of manually combining them into one entry on Kodi?
No. If the movies are correctly named Kodi will find and combine them. But v18 has a bug with split video files and it is broken for ISOs, Bluray and DVD folders. Still works with single file like mkv, mp4 etc

Otherwise I suggest combining them using MKVToolNix... https://mkvtoolnix.download/
My Signature
(2019-09-27, 20:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-27, 15:15)DunKhanate Wrote: Is there any way of manually combining them into one entry on Kodi?
No. If the movies are correctly named Kodi will find and combine them. But v18 has a bug with split video files and it is broken for ISOs, Bluray and DVD folders. Still works with single file like mkv, mp4 etc

Otherwise I suggest combining them using MKVToolNix... https://mkvtoolnix.download/  

Fair does - good there's an easy tool for that. I'll do that. And thanks again!
(2019-09-27, 01:07)brazen1 Wrote: See if you have this setting and disable it:  Kodi settings/Media/Videos/Use video tags.
oh my god! i've been looking for this solution to my scraper problem for monthes up until the point where i reinstalled libreelec completely from scratch. -.-
thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Scan to Library" not working - a few files seem impossible to scrape.0