Singles
My singles are correctly picked up by kodi shown as singles under the artist.  But is it possible to show them as side a/b where side a would be the main song. So in a list it would show  single 1 side a & b then single 2 side a & b and so on.
I'm not 100% sure since I don't use side A/B track lettering, but make sure you are sorting by "track" and not "name".

While viewing an album listing in Estuary, press left to pull out the blade menu and change the "Sort by:" menu item to "Track".
Is there a setting to get singles support working properly?

I zapped the album title from all singles to test it out but its treating them all as separate items

edit: i might have a theory, gonna test something.

edit: had to remove MB release ID from all items
(2019-09-28, 15:30)dm21912 Wrote: I zapped the album title from all singles to test it out but its treating them all as separate items
Singles are separate items, what did you expect? If it has an album title then the song is taken as a song from and album even if you only have one track from the album.

Really not sure what you are trying to achieve.
(2019-09-28, 15:43)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2019-09-28, 15:30)dm21912 Wrote: I zapped the album title from all singles to test it out but its treating them all as separate items
Singles are separate items, what did you expect? If it has an album title then the song is taken as a song from and album even if you only have one track from the album.

Really not sure what you are trying to achieve.    

Uh? Did you read what I said. I said I had "REMOVED" all album titles from the tags of singles and it was still treating them as separate items but calling them singles. 

Im not sure you actually read what I posted or looked at the screenshot or you would have noticed SEVEN "singles" folders...  Big Grin

BUt anyway, I solved my issue, you have to remove musicbrainz release tags from the files or Kodi see's those and groups them accordingly.

to the original problem.

If sorting by track then you get all the side 1's, followed by all the side 2's 

So you would get

Single 1 - side 1
Single 2 - side 1
Single 3 - side 1
Single 4 - side 1
Single 2 - side 2
Single 3 - side 2

Which is the problem the OP has encountered.

the only simple way I have found around that is to sort by date which puts them in some sort of meaningful order (although if an artist releases multiple singles in 1 year you will have the same problem on a smaller level)

what it needs to produce what TS wants is a 

"Date/Track" sort option.. (that would depend on singles having full release date as opposed to just a year)
(2019-09-28, 11:28)helta Wrote: I'm not 100% sure since I don't use side A/B track lettering, but make sure you are sorting by "track" and not "name".

While viewing an album listing in Estuary, press left to pull out the blade menu and change the "Sort by:" menu item to "Track".

The singles are sorted side 1 and 2 but I have all side 1 together then the side 2. I'm using Aeon MQ8 skin the files have also the pic cover for the single embedded in them which does not show. If I put the cover pic in the single folder and call it . thumb would this help
(2019-09-28, 16:41)aceuk Wrote:
(2019-09-28, 11:28)helta Wrote: I'm not 100% sure since I don't use side A/B track lettering, but make sure you are sorting by "track" and not "name".

The singles are sorted side 1 and 2 but I have all side 1 together then the side 2. I'm using Aeon MQ8 skin the files have also the pic cover for the single embedded in them which does not show. If I put the cover pic in the single folder and call it . thumb would this help   

regarding the artwork, same issue here.

All singles have embedded art but only one image is being shown for all

(and no, i have individual cover art cover.jpg in each singles folder and it doesnt show up so that doesnt work to fix it either)

the sorting, my only half solution is to sort by date

it needs "Date/Track" sort
(2019-09-28, 18:15)dm21912 Wrote:

(and no, i have individual cover art cover.jpg in each singles folder and it doesnt show up so that doesnt work to fix it either)

I have singles that came in picture sleeves I now have side 1 displaying front and side 2 the back. I used TagScanner and embedded the images to the tracks and it works. I was using  Mp3tag and even though the pics was embedded they was not showing up.
Would be nice if they would list as side 1/2 before the next single.
Is it possible to have singles displayed like albums
(2019-09-28, 18:15)dm21912 Wrote:

I think I have found a solution. 
I have now added the name of the single (side 1) in the album box for all tracks on the single which now means I have my singles displayed like mini albums. As they all have picture sleeves this is what I wanted. It also means that when you select a single you get side 1 and  2 together.  I put the word 'single' in the comment box when tagging. Also while tagging I embedded the cover pics in the tracks. Side 1 front cover, side 2 back cover. I then create a smart playlist and added the rule comment contains single. This worked . I will now save to favourite and patch it to Top  100 node (as I won't use it) and rename it to single.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Singles0