Playing HD-DVD External USB Player
Dear All,
All is in the Title
After managing and reading Blu-ray from usb external player,

The Next Challenge is reading my old HD-DVD’s from an usb External Player (Xbox360)
I am searching for anyu clue, track ? or something to find a way to read this.
I know, it’s an obsolete Media … but I am sure many other user would be happy to get their movie back from the Shelf…
And By the way … A complete and fully media player ...

Many thanks for your help
This is probably heresy, but have you considered converting the HD-DVD discs into MKV files?
They should then be easy to saved into h.264 and h.265 format.

I can understand it's also a challenge to have the discs working, but... technology moves on.
Indeed, I Have though about converting into mkv.. but my hope is a fully modulable Media center...  Such as Dune HD made a few years ago : A Basical media center, and we can add modules to expand the experience (a bluray player or an HDD Rack).  
And this is with the same idea : I need a plugin or a Repo to be able to read HD-DVD or be able to read old CDI (I know, I know...  a total heresy)  

But imagine, people who has old support media, searching to revive for a while their movies, music, or wathever...

Using Kodi to listen to their vinyles, DCC's, old tapes... 

Am I Dreaming ?
(2019-09-28, 11:29)loganxwolverine Wrote: Indeed, I Have though about converting into mkv.. but my hope is a fully modulable Media center...  Such as Dune HD made a few years ago : A Basical media center, and we can add modules to expand the experience (a bluray player or an HDD Rack).  
And this is with the same idea : I need a plugin or a Repo to be able to read HD-DVD or be able to read old CDI (I know, I know...  a total heresy)  

But imagine, people who has old support media, searching to revive for a while their movies, music, or wathever...

Using Kodi to listen to their vinyles, DCC's, old tapes... 

Am I Dreaming ?

Surely losslessly ripping the digital content - where possible - to a format that can be backed up, stored on multiple devices securely etc., is a better aim than playing the original media?  (I get that menu support and interactivity may be a limit - as ripping HD-DVD to MKV etc. will only retain the linear functionality - but it's still probably a better solution)  It's what I did with the few HD-DVD titles I bought when I had an XBox 360 and the HD-DVD player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing HD-DVD External USB Player0