How To Create A Video Filename Dialog Box In Video Fullscreen View
Wondering if there is a way to be able to setup a black banner with white lettering overlay/dialog type screen in the
Video Full Screen View and Video Full Screen + OSD Player View
That simply displays the filename without format extension of the video that is currently being played in the full screen video viewer.

I would like to be able to setup a keymap to a game controller for example say when you hit the up arrow it displays this filename banner at the top of the screen and then if you hit the up arrow again it toggles that banner to hide again.

I have been messing around with working on creating skins so I am fairly familiar with editing xml files, so I can edit it to look the way I want if someone can lead me in the direction of the coding I am looking for.  I just have difficulty setting up new screens / dialog boxes, I am more used to editing existing xml files.

I can create a Video OSD that displays the filename as most skins have, but I would like it to be a completely different dialog if possible.

If anyone has any ideas if this can be done, I would appreciate it.
Thank You
I can't remember if I used this in the past when working on creating a skin, but the information found in the following link seems familiar.
For anyone with a similar question here is a good place to start.
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Add_a_new_...a_skinning

If anyone has any other tips not covered in the above link they want to share please feel free to do so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Create A Video Filename Dialog Box In Video Fullscreen View0