Single scrapped to wrong artist
I have a single titled Guilty by Honey Bane but when kodi scrapes it says it is by Barbara Streisand ( as she has done a song also called Guilty).
Is there anything I can put on the .nfo that would stop this. I just have 2 singles by this artist no albums.
Tag the music file with mbid tags, accurate identification by the scraper is the main benefit of such tagging
(2019-09-29, 14:33)DaveBlake Wrote: Tag the music file with mbid tags, accurate identification by the scraper is the main benefit of such tagging

Here is the .nfo - Where  do I place the mbid tag - a608c51d-1fa2-4588-9819-93884f7b1b9d

xml:
<artist>
    <name>Honey Bane</name>
    <musicBrainzArtistID>bd9141f2-7ca4-4c2c-9ac3-8aa6501a350c</musicBrainzArtistID>
    <sortname>Bane, Honey</sortname>
    <type></type>
    <gender>Female</gender>
    <disambiguation></disambiguation>
    <born></born>
    <formed></formed>
    <biography></biography>
    <died></died>
    <disbanded></disbanded>
    <path>C:\Music\Honey Bane</path>
    <fanart />
    <album>
        <title></title>
        <year></year>
    </album>
</artist>
It's all right I see where mbid is now
@aceuk

DaveBlake was referring to tagging the music file, not the nfo file. Use MusicBrainz Picard... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-29, 21:14)Karellen Wrote: @aceuk

DaveBlake was referring to tagging the music file, not the nfo file. Use MusicBrainz Picard... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging

I have been using tag scanner. I can't get on with picard. It has messed up some of my albums where I have lost tracks. 
I have now added the name of the single in the album box which now means I have my singles displayed like mini albums. As they all have picture sleeves this is what I wanted. I then thought that I could create a smart playlist.  I put the word single in the album artist box and added the rule album artist contains single. This worked but when I went into the artist page for the single it was no longer there. Should that happen.
(2019-09-29, 22:29)aceuk Wrote: I have now added the name of the single in the album box which now means I have my singles displayed like mini albums. ...
...but when I went into the artist page for the single it was no longer there. Should that happen. 
Yes. You have given an album tag value so Kodi is treating it as an album with just one track, and not as a single.
(2019-09-29, 22:59)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2019-09-29, 22:29)aceuk Wrote: I have now added the name of the single in the album box which now means I have my singles displayed like mini albums. ...
...but when I went into the artist page for the single it was no longer there. Should that happen. 
Yes. You have given an album tag value so Kodi is treating it as an album with just one track, and not as a single. 
Sorry I didn't explain correctly. Originally  on the artist page I had 1 album and a single displayed. Then I created the smart playlist with the rule album artist contains single . The single disappeared from the artist page, only the album was displayed. Does  the playlist remove items from view.
I have tagged the single file in the comment box with the word single and now change the rule to comment contains single. Now the single does not disappear, still visible on artist page. Great. Am I right in thinking I can create a node for the playlist.
(2019-09-29, 23:28)aceuk Wrote: Does  the playlist remove items from view. 
No. Only how you tags things will effect what is shown in the artists and albums nodes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Single scrapped to wrong artist0