• 7(current)
v18 Atmos Skipping (High bitrate audio files)
(2021-10-24, 16:24)jjd-uk Wrote: There's going to be a v19.3 released in the next few days mainly to address some issues getting Kodi into the MS Store for Xbox, however it's also given us the opportunity to get an official stable build out for all platforms that includes this Atmos fix relatively quickly.

What what what!!!!  I assume this will be for all platforms including Android  Huh

Thanks sooooo much to jogal, fritsch, and jjd-uk.  You guys rock!!!

Very kind regards,
craigr
You should be thanking @jogal as he created the patch that has fixed this issue, and yes we've gone for a v19.3 for all platforms including Android as this was a cross-platform issue on all Operating Systems.
(2021-10-24, 19:37)jjd-uk Wrote: You should be thanking @jogal as he created the patch that has fixed this issue, and yes we've gone for a v19.3 for all platforms including Android as this was a cross-platform issue on all Operating Systems.

Oh my, you're right.  I was thinking balkerman developed the fix as I was cross reading threads.  Thanks balkerman for pointing to that thread.
I own a video engineering firm, ergo I understand video.
Kodi Signal Chain: Nvidia ShieldTV (2019) > Lumagen Radiance PRO (video output) > JVC RS4100 Projector, Paladini DCR, 2.40AR 128" Wide STK1.3 G4
                                                                                                                           (audio output) > Lexicon MC-10 Pre/Pro > 2x Lexicon LX7 Amps
Will the progress bar/duration timer ‘jumping’ issue when playing Atmos music (audio only) via HDMI pass-through be fixed in 19.3?
(2021-10-24, 23:01)HomerJau Wrote: Will the progress bar/duration timer ‘jumping’ issue when playing Atmos music (audio only) via HDMI pass-through be fixed in 19.3?

Unlikely if it's not been raised on GitHub.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?q=is...body+atmos
Thanks for that @Hitcher I didn’t realise this wasn’t logged yet. It’s been mentioned in various posts but never actually logged.

I will do so this morning and post a couple sample test audio tracks.

EDIT: Bugtracker:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/20391
Kodi 19.3 seems to have improved the dropout problem with high bitrate Dolby TrueHD. The train scene in Zootopia is now working where it once dropped out.(the geezers firing out steam in the snow)

However during that same scene it is now dropping out in places where it did not previously. Only a couple of occasions and much more subtle. It is a vast improvement but still not perfect.
(2021-11-01, 20:48)mataus19 Wrote: but still not perfect.

Fixed with ==> https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/tree/fix-zootopia-matrix

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3072815

Now we will have to start looking for a different sample that has problems in order to continue talking about this topic... 😁
I've got no response to the other thread, i hope i can get here some response and i did not broke the cross post rule:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3082813

I have still truehd audio drop outs but debug log is telling me nothing. Details in the post in the link. 

What i have not mentioned but maybe also a problem for that: with only true hd i have an audio delay of more than 150 ms. Audio sync is setted to 0,0 sec.

I appreciate every hint i can get to remove the audio drops.
I think you need another fix. I have a vague memory of multiple Atmos changes post 19.3 release.

Try this community LibreElec build for Intel processors. This fixed an Atmos skipping issue I was having on my Intel NUC8i3. This build also supports HDR 10 for 4K UHD rips and is based on latest Linux and Kodi 20 alpha. Its been perfect for me for Atmos movies and music.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/25185-...l-and-amd/
Actually i am on LE master now (self build) and have tried your mentioned build also to check, if my build has issues. Situation is still the same.

First i did think my equipment (HDMI cable, AVR etc) has an issue when using passthrough, but when i disable PT and let kodi decode audio audio to MultiCH PCM drop outs are more worse, so i am pretty sure somethink else is broken.

I have written it already in the other thread, i do not have frame drops during audio drops. Overall i have no frame drops. CPU usage is not too high. Framerate switching is on and suitable for the source -> 24p Source -> 24p TV.

I have no clue what i can check more.

Who has no audio drops and with similar system ? Intel j4125, 8 GB Ram, 32 GB SSD. 1gb Ethernet.

As i have written earlier, i have also audio issues with zootopia regardless if i have played it from local ssd or nfs mount.
I am still trying around to fix the issue on my box.

I have experienced following situation: as latest LE Master has some issues regarding to fetch the right audio card (i have also one usb box for ananlogue only) sometimes the Audio output is decoding the TrueHD to that box. 2ch only. but no drop out at all.

An older Movie with DTS-HD Master no drop out.
The True HD amaze demo, no drop out.

Newer DTS-HD Master (Bad boys II ) sometimes few seconds no audio
Invisible man True-HD, drop outs
Zootoopia , drop outs (i saw high bitrate, up to 10mbit)

And HDMI MCH-Output has also drop outs.

When switching same movie to DD+, if available, no drop outs.

But especially Bad Boys given me maybe a hint. Sometimes Audio disapear completly and it was enough to switch the audio mode on the AVR to get Audio back.

My feeling is, that the audio hdmi link is lost and i have to look to the cable. It is a HDMI high speed 2.0. But not certified and already > 3 years old. Advertised as 18 Gbs. Class. Other cables i have tried are not newer or better.

Especially why the 2ch decoding with usb box giving me complete no drop out. It seems always, when i comes to higher audio bandwidh usage over HDMI i have issues. AVR is showing me no link lost. Picture has no issues.

I have now ordered a certified HDMI 2.1 48gbs cable an will give an update.
Since the Nvidia Shield update to Android 11 recently, I no longer have any playback issues on my Shield with KODI (other than the built-in ProjectM still causes audio skips here and there when it changes visuals, but the separate app version works perfectly with it and has better controls and quality so I simply activate it instead when I want ProjectM visuals and it can control the tracks from it as well).  No Atmos playback glitches anymore on any of the ones I had an issue with with higher bit-rates (e.g. INXS' album KICK in Atmos).  No more Asus router issues oddly stopping playback either (that was a big problem for almost two years now; I was about ready to buy a different router).  The OS update seemed to solve nearly everything and the 19.3 update fixed the rest.  The only thing Atmos doesn't work on now on the 2017 Pro model is Netflix (but the KODI Plugin version does work in Atmos, although I'm not crazy about its GUI interface).  The picture viewer has crashed a few times, though come to think of it, but that's it.  This is the smoothest operating playback has been with KODI since I got the Shield over four years ago.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
So, i tried the new Cable and the Situation has not changed, but i am now a little bit enlighted and i think i need help from some pros for Alsa/Linux/HDMI timings.

My system a j4125 8 GB linux with LE Master build on 2. Feb.  My AVR is a Onkyo RZ-830.

I have audio drop outs only at 4k Resolution and 23.976 FPS.

Yes only with that framerate and 4k.

When i switch to 24fps. Everythink is fine.

when i switch to 2k 23.976, everythink is fine.

When i don't have HBR Audio like TrueHD/atmos, DTS HD Master and maybe DTS HR (i have no source) everythink is fine.

When i connect directly to LG C1 and doing audio passthrough via eArc. Everythink is fine (But DTS is not supported at all)

My modetest output: https://paste.kodi.tv/nuhenevasa
I have also this issue, and the trix with setting 60/50/29 does work, but the movie is abit twizy. Strange thing is that this problem i got with the GEN12 intel CPU.
I did not have this problem with an older intel CPU when I had to use DP to get trueHD sound when the hdmi was not abel to passtrough trueHD. 
I have tryed different linux, Also did try latest test version on libreleec, with same results on this issue. But found out that windows work without any problem.

the log i got from testing with linux mint 21

Did test on ubuntu 22.10, its the same problem here, also did try out with plex htpc and the drop out on atmos on 24hz stil is a issue. Hope for the 23.04 ubuntu to get a fix on this issue.

https://termbin.com/p0h5
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos Skipping (High bitrate audio files)0