• 3(current)
Alpha Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]
(2019-10-07, 21:55)djoole Wrote: I'm trying to set a download location but can't seem to succeed doing so.
I have the following choices :
- NFS --> does nothing when I select this
- Root --> does nothing when I select this
- SMB --> display an empty browser
- External storage --> display the /storage/emulated/0 folder content
I'd like to se a NFS share as download location, how can I manage to do so?

I do have a shield and no I have not tested it on there as I do not have the internet speed to stream any videos, I have to download them to use at home. As far as download locations I am using kodi's built in file browser just like if you where adding videos to your library so again I am unsure why your install is not working. I will try to test later this week on my shield but it will be closer to next week before I actually get time.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2019-10-07, 21:42)djoole Wrote:
(2019-10-07, 01:06)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-10-06, 23:44)djoole Wrote: Using Kodi 18.4 Git:20190831-3ade758ceb on Nvidia Shield (Android 9.0.0 API level 28 kernel Linux 4.9.140-tegra-g68283)
Fully HEVC compatible.
https://pastebin.com/WFYEymaD

So I retested and forced with just that video and it works for me. Just for giggles turn off Hong Kong Location and see if it works. Also if the video fails to load press the arrow to the right to go to the next video. 

Same problem for any video, not only HK.
See logs, when I start the screensaver, and hit "right" to change video.
No video loading, HTTP error 400 every time.

I see in your signature you have a Shield, did you try your plugin with it, in streaming mode (haven't tried with download option but I guess Kodi will fail anyway)

https://pastebin.com/D0Em9FWR

Still not a full debug but I just had another thought open vlc and stream http://sylvan.apple.com/Aerials/2x/Video...K_HEVC.mov. If vlc doesn't stream it either then my next question would be where are you from maybe there is a geo lock on apples servers?
(2019-10-08, 00:15)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-10-07, 21:55)djoole Wrote: I'm trying to set a download location but can't seem to succeed doing so.

I do have a shield and no I have not tested it on there as I do not have the internet speed to stream any videos, I have to download them to use at home. As far as download locations I am using kodi's built in file browser just like if you where adding videos to your library so again I am unsure why your install is not working. I will try to test later this week on my shield but it will be closer to next week before I actually get time.

Even if you have a low bandwidth could you try to activate streaming just to see if you can reproduce the error 400 issue?

When I add a source with the built in file browser I’m able to enter a nfs location, but not from the plugin. And I can’t set a location in the Shield memory, it’s going to get saturated fast.
(2019-10-08, 00:21)djoole Wrote:

Even if you have a low bandwidth could you try to activate streaming just to see if you can reproduce the error 400 issue?

When I add a source with the built in file browser I’m able to enter a nfs location, but not from the plugin. And I can’t set a location in the Shield memory, it’s going to get saturated fast.

As I said I will test it this weekend. The issue you may be having with the nfs location is you need to be sure kodi has write permission. if it does not the it will not be a option since the addon will need to write to the location to save the videos.
Version has been bumped to 1.0.9

Settings have bee moved around. But default the screensaver will not activate if your playing a video or audio, but now you have the option to have it play if you pause your video. when you leave the screensaver it will resume playback 10 seconds earlier so not to miss anything.

Happy testing and look forward to bug reports.
(2019-10-08, 04:52)smitchell6879 Wrote: Version has been bumped to 1.0.9

Settings have bee moved around. But default the screensaver will not activate if your playing a video or audio, but now you have the option to have it play if you pause your video. when you leave the screensaver it will resume playback 10 seconds earlier so not to miss anything.

Happy testing and look forward to bug reports.

Ok, the music keeps playing, thats's good. But the screen turns black. It would be nice if the screen stayed on so the fanart is still showing.
(1970-01-01, 02:00)vermope Wrote: Ok, the music keeps playing, thats's good. But the screen turns black. It would be nice if the screen stayed on so the fanart is still showing.

I think I know what happened. I had it working orginally then when I added the video part I had to move it 1 window deep so that you wouldn't see the home screen when switching between the screensaver and resuming the video. And I honestly forgot to recheck the audio since it seemed to be working before hand. Either way I will fix and update tonight.
@vermope

Should be fixed just bumped version to 1.0.10.
(2019-10-08, 23:46)smitchell6879 Wrote: @vermope

Should be fixed just bumped version to 1.0.10.
Works perfect now. Thanks again!
Yep, this is great. Many thanks.
(2019-10-08, 00:21)djoole Wrote:

Alright I have spend the last several hours researching a solution for this and I as well keep getting the 400 error. I tried spoofing the user agent and i cant see where kodi is actually using the user agent i specify so if one of the Kodi Team members could step in and advice it would be appreciated as i am at a wall. IT works on windows through kodi and the link works in edge, ie, and chrome. @Hitcher Could you point me to someone that my know why these links will not load in the nvidia shield. If it is something i can do in the code I will as i can specify with System.Platform.Android to have it only change for the shield.
(2019-10-10, 09:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: Alright I have spend the last several hours researching a solution for this and I as well keep getting the 400 error. I tried spoofing the user agent and i cant see where kodi is actually using the user agent i specify so if one of the Kodi Team members could step in and advice it would be appreciated as i am at a wall. IT works on windows through kodi and the link works in edge, ie, and chrome. @Hitcher Could you point me to someone that my know why these links will not load in the nvidia shield. If it is something i can do in the code I will as i can specify with System.Platform.Android to have it only change for the shield. 

I suggest that you first enable libCURL component debugging, and provide another log
(2019-10-10, 16:22)peak3d Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 09:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: Alright I have spend the last several hours researching a solution for this and I as well keep getting the 400 error. I tried spoofing the user agent and i cant see where kodi is actually using the user agent i specify so if one of the Kodi Team members could step in and advice it would be appreciated as i am at a wall. IT works on windows through kodi and the link works in edge, ie, and chrome. @Hitcher Could you point me to someone that my know why these links will not load in the nvidia shield. If it is something i can do in the code I will as i can specify with System.Platform.Android to have it only change for the shield. 

I suggest that you first enable libCURL component debugging, and provide another log

log From what i see comparing it to my windows log is that the nvidia i requesting a header upgrade with to h2c which leads me to believe that is why it is failing. I have overrode the user agent to spoof a windows machine as you will see.
At anyone using this if you will post what platform you are using it on and if it worked. I would like to get a idea if it is working on linux or mac or other android versions. I can verify it is working on Windows 10, Kodi 19.
Hello,

I gave the addon a shot and I think it's amazing!

It's great to see the Apple TV screensaver videos working on Leia.

Though I noticed that if I have the screensaver activated and Kodi's power saving setting to "Put display to sleep when idle" (Settings > System > Power saving), the screensaver remains running and Kodi doesn't put the display to sleep.

e.g. if the screensaver is set to turn on after 3 minutes and Kodi is set to "put display to sleep" after 5 minutes, the display will never turn off. Instead the screensaver will keep running.

It seemed to work on the older Apple TV screensaver addon which was really useful for reducing hard drive activity and prolonging the lifespan of the hard drive.

Below is a link to my debug logs:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ibafutaduk.kodi
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]2