• 4(current)
Alpha Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]
@Khronos1 of you will be willing to test this say Monday I will look at it Sunday night and try to add it in.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2019-10-11, 16:30)smitchell6879 Wrote: @Khronos1 of you will be willing to test this say Monday I will look at it Sunday night and try to add it in.

Of course!

No worries Smile
(2019-10-10, 21:55)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 16:22)peak3d Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 09:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: Alright I have spend the last several hours researching a solution for this and I as well keep getting the 400 error. I tried spoofing the user agent and i cant see where kodi is actually using the user agent i specify so if one of the Kodi Team members could step in and advice it would be appreciated as i am at a wall. IT works on windows through kodi and the link works in edge, ie, and chrome. @Hitcher Could you point me to someone that my know why these links will not load in the nvidia shield. If it is something i can do in the code I will as i can specify with System.Platform.Android to have it only change for the shield. 

I suggest that you first enable libCURL component debugging, and provide another log   
log From what i see comparing it to my windows log is that the nvidia i requesting a header upgrade with to h2c which leads me to believe that is why it is failing. I have overrode the user agent to spoof a windows machine as you will see.   

I guess that it's this line: 2019-10-10 15:45:23.137 T:23435 DEBUG: Curl:Big Grinebug - HEADER_OUT: Range: bytes=0-
Let me create a test build with the change I did a while ago, what OS are you primary working on?

Edit, no, wait, seems to be this one:
Curl:Big Grinebug - HEADER_OUT: Upgrade: h2c

Is it really required to send it?

I think @Rechi is more experienced in this HTTP(2) things. Can you support @Rechi ?
(2019-10-13, 15:17)peak3d Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 21:55)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 16:22)peak3d Wrote: I suggest that you first enable libCURL component debugging, and provide another log   
log From what i see comparing it to my windows log is that the nvidia i requesting a header upgrade with to h2c which leads me to believe that is why it is failing. I have overrode the user agent to spoof a windows machine as you will see.   

I guess that it's this line: 2019-10-10 15:45:23.137 T:23435 DEBUG: Curl:Big Grinebug - HEADER_OUT: Range: bytes=0-
Let me create a test build with the change I did a while ago, what OS are you primary working on?

Edit, no, wait, seems to be this one:
Curl:Big Grinebug - HEADER_OUT: Upgrade: h2c

Is it really required to send it?

I think @Rechi is more experienced in this HTTP(2) things. Can you support @Rechi ?

I primarily do my coding on a windows machine, but the error is happening on nvidia shield, I am not purposely sending upgrade request it being added automatically and is the only real difference from the windows debug. One thing I can try but did not think of until now i could attempt to override that that header to a blank, upgrade:"". I will be later this week before i personally can test it on the shield again unless there is someone out there that wants to do the testing for us. I can add the code to override the upgrade header request tonight and see if it works.
@Khronos1

Settings>System>Power Saving>Put display to sleep when idle.

This will now work. Whatever time you have this set to if the screensaver is running it will first pause and attempt to put your monitors/ TV to sleep if it fails the screensaver should resume "This will need to be tested as I was only able to
test DPMS".

If the screensaver succeeds at putting you monitors to sleep then the videos will stop playing altogether "Including the whatever media you where watching". This will override the option to resume if you had the screen paused and will close all media when awaken. I tested the resume with this and it causes a glitch where the audio will start back but the video remains paused until seeking. And since kodi doesn't have a good call back function to know when the monitors are turned back on there is no way to use my normal resume.

So Please test and report back. Thanks.
(2019-10-14, 07:39)smitchell6879 Wrote: @Khronos1

This will now work. Whatever time you have this set to if the screensaver is running it will first pause and attempt to put your monitors/ TV to sleep if it fails the screensaver should resume "This will need to be tested as I was only able to
test DPMS".

If the screensaver succeeds at putting you monitors to sleep then the videos will stop playing altogether "Including the whatever media you where watching". This will override the option to resume if you had the screen paused and will close all media when awaken. I tested the resume with this and it causes a glitch where the audio will start back but the video remains paused until seeking. And since kodi doesn't have a good call back function to know when the monitors are turned back on there is no way to use my normal resume.

I had a go with the latest version, and the screen turned off! Big Grin

However, I couldn't get the screen to turn back on... Sad

I tried with a keyboard and mouse and also with a Kodi web remote control.

With the screensaver disabled, Kodi can wake up after the screen is off.

I tried enabling the debug logs but I couldn't get the screen to turn off the screen with the screensaver running and debug logs enabled.

Below are the logs at the normal logging level:

https://paste.kodi.tv/qodaqapuzu.kodi
(2019-10-14, 13:57)Khronos1 Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 07:39)smitchell6879 Wrote: @Khronos1

test DPMS".

I had a go with the latest version, and the screen turned off! Big Grin

However, I couldn't get the screen to turn back on... Sad

I tried with a keyboard and mouse and also with a Kodi web remote control.

With the screensaver disabled, Kodi can wake up after the screen is off.

I tried enabling the debug logs but I couldn't get the screen to turn off the screen with the screensaver running and debug logs enabled.

Below are the logs at the normal logging level:

https://paste.kodi.tv/qodaqapuzu.kodi

I will look at the code again to see if I missed something, but I will need a debug log from you. To figure what happened on your end.
@Khronos1 May you test again I have added a turn on section that may fix the issue. Also in order for the psm to work kodi has to be in fullscreen mode not windowed.
version bump to 1.0.13
I gave 1.0.12 a shot and saw something different!

When the screensaver activated the screen went black (the power saving mode hadn't had enough time to activate yet).

I took a snapshot of the debug logs and uploaded it below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/abodegogiq.kodi

I could get out of it by pressing a button on the keyboard.

I then tried a second time and (I think) waited enough time for Kodi to turn off the screen through DPMS.

The debug logs for that session are below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/upowitupeq.kodi

I could also get out of it by pressing a button on the keyboard.
I couldn't find 1.0.13 in the repository though
(2019-10-15, 12:43)Khronos1 Wrote: I couldn't find 1.0.13 in the repository though

Sorry for the confusion 13 is in there now. Version 12 I accidentally left my manual psm code in which forced it to start after 5 secs of starting the screensaver. Either way update to 13 that will use the setting u have in Kodi. What should happen is all you screens will turn off once u wake them up you will be greeted with a black screen that tell u to press back to deactivate the power saving mode.
(2019-10-15, 12:42)Khronos1 Wrote: I gave 1.0.12 a shot and saw something different!

When the screensaver activated the screen went black (the power saving mode hadn't had enough time to activate yet).

I took a snapshot of the debug logs and uploaded it below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/abodegogiq.kodi

I could get out of it by pressing a button on the keyboard.

I then tried a second time and (I think) waited enough time for Kodi to turn off the screen through DPMS.

The debug logs for that session are below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/upowitupeq.kodi

I could also get out of it by pressing a button on the keyboard.

Your first log shows that it worked correctly at least the code side but the issue is you woke it up before it ever turned off. Dpsm was active for a total of 3secs.

The second log shows it was trying to activate but the log stopped before the debug announced a pass or fail.

Either way try 1.0.13 this will allow the screensaver to run a minimum of 5 mins before even attempting anything.
Hi @smitchell6879 I am using your addon on a raspberry pi 4 (libreelec) with the 4k videos downloaded locally and consistently get a frozen black screen. However if I play them without your addon (just as video files), they are able to play on the raspberry pi 4. Is anyone else getting this problem?
(2019-10-18, 08:54)mitch7391 Wrote: Hi @smitchell6879 I am using your addon on a raspberry pi 4 (libreelec) with the 4k videos downloaded locally and consistently get a frozen black screen. However if I play them without your addon (just as video files), they are able to play on the raspberry pi 4. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Can you post a debug log.
To Everyone using this,
I know I need to work on Nvidia Shield as it is a issue with the way it makes request on Kodis Player; I just haven't had time to sit with the device and test.
Other then that does it seem to operate as described, or at least to your expectations? Are there any issues I may need to look into?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Evolve: Apple 4K TV Screensavers [featuring the new Underwater Screensavers]2