Naming problems with TV series
Hi,

I read the documenation about naming video files/TV shows (https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows).
I try to add one simple tv show without success:
Source: TV Show
Folder name: House of Cards (2018) (US) 
File name: House of Cards (2018) (US) S06E01.mkv

And I see nothing. Adding movies actually works.
I tend to go with the name of the series followed directly by the season and episode code. I also tend to use full stops in place of spaces for the filename. If I were adding your show, I'd set a top folder called 'House of Cards' then another folder 'Season 6' and then 'House.of.Cards.S06E01.mkv'. You probably don't need the 'Season 6' folder but I like to keep things neat for multi-season shows.
I have found that if you put anything other than the title and season/episode at the front of the filename, the scraper often doesn't find the show.
(2019-10-01, 22:28)bholiand Wrote: Hi,

I read the documenation about naming video files/TV shows (https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows).
I try to add one simple tv show without success:
Source: TV Show
Folder name: House of Cards (2018) (US) 
File name: House of Cards (2018) (US) S06E01.mkv

And I see nothing. Adding movies actually works.
Your folder name should be House of Cards (US)
File name: House.of.Cards.(US).S06E01.mkv

This is how mine is setup and it works great.

Have a look at the Wiki

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
Thank you for the feedback I will try that.
But my naming is exactly as stated in the docu, strange...
@bholiand

Which scraper are you using- TVDB or TheMovieDB?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-02, 00:31)bholiand Wrote: Thank you for the feedback I will try that.
But my naming is exactly as stated in the docu, strange...
The (2018) is causing your problem. I can't pickup any of the episodes using it. Only when it has been removed it works for me using TVDB as my scraper.
I changed from TVDB to TheMovieDB and thats seems to work better.
I renamed the folders and removed the year. I will try to add my videos now, lets see what happens  Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming problems with TV series0