Req Instalation on A VMWare server
I currently am attempting to install Kodi on a VMWare Server. I am not to familiar with Kodi, I installed it on a Ubuntu server for a client and it worked fine.

What are your thoughts?
Can any one guide me through this process?

Cheers
Jacob Melnick
Kodi (formerly XBMC) was designed as a client application with a GUI for the proverbial 10' screen in the living room.

What is your plan about in putting it on a VM server?
(2019-10-03, 06:17)Klojum Wrote: Kodi (formerly XBMC) was designed as a client application with a GUI for the proverbial 10' screen in the living room.

What is your plan about in putting it on a VM server?
It is going to be installed on the server as a small theater. It will also have to shoulder having up to 8 clients that will stream videos and music on a local intranet. The server is a Dell PowerEdge and it has 16gb of RAM and is designed to work in this way. It currently  has VMWare installed on it so I wanted to just keep it simple and install Kodi on it. IF I could I would like to have a Kodi OS or a Linux Distro that would just be the platform for the Kodi GUI.

How do I accomplish this?
No need for vmware at all. Install Ubuntu Server and minimalistic xserver with kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Instalation on A VMWare server0