Solved Kodi stopped playing MP3 files
So sorry this must be frustrating for you, and realise that you are trying but you are going to need to try more.

I the see video of you trying  to play a music video from the video library (so it is kind of a video issue more than music) and being thrown to the home screen, but the logs just don't seem to cover this activity and without them we have no clues to follow. It is odd behaviour, but need to see a debug log produced while that happens.
(2019-10-06, 19:03)DaveBlake Wrote: So sorry this must be frustrating for you, and realise that you are trying but you are going to need to try more.

I the see video of you trying  to play a music video from the video library (so it is kind of a video issue more than music) and being thrown to the home screen, but the logs just don't seem to cover this activity and without them we have no clues to follow. It is odd behaviour, but need to see a debug log produced while that happens.
Yes, it's frustrating as I've been using Kodi for years, and all of a sudden, I can not play any MP3 files through it. The movie MKV files play fine, though. Do you know of a way I can load the older version of Kodi 17.5 on the Amazon Fire TV and Nvidia shield? I have an older version of Kodi 17.5 on my Qnap hybrid station, and it plays the MP3 on it with no issues.
I did do anything that I can think of, but Kodi fixed itself and will now play MP3s.Smile Thanks to the forum members for trying to help fix the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stopped playing MP3 files0