XBOX Issues with stereoscopic mode
Hello,

For some strange reason, a video (or rather videos) I’m trying to play continually switches between the chosen stereoscopic mode and disabling it. I say chosen, but that’s just because it’s set to ‘Ask me’ by default. It doesn’t matter which I pick, it still keeps switching.

The thing is, the videos aren’t supposed to be 3D. There isn’t anything 3D about them!

It’s doing this back and forth, turning on and off every second. This results in a slow flickering on the screen and an info prompt at the top telling me that the stereoscopic is being turned on and off. Also the playback control bar keeps adding the icon for 3D glasses, which disappears when the stereoscopic switches off...repeatedly.

I know it’s not an issue with the skin I’m using, as I tested it also in Estuary. I also know that it only affects these videos and not any others.

The obvious solution is probably to get those videos from a different source, but I found they work just fine outside of Kodi. I’m not sure what the problem is.

The videos are black and white and in 960x720. Also, from 1959.

I tried messing with some settings, but the only thing I managed to stop was the info bar at the top.

Any advice?
I’ve also tried the videos in VLC Player and they play just fine. I really don’t understand what’s causing this to happen. Is there any way to permanently disable stereoscopic mode? Perhaps that’ll be one way to fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with stereoscopic mode0