•   
  • 9(current)
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2019-10-06, 08:38)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2019-10-05, 21:47)garfield Wrote: And may I please ask for the complete manual howt to create Box-sets node? Or I have missed it somewhere in the previous posts? 
@garfield this thread is about a new feature currently being designed 

Oh, thanks for the explanation! I thought I have missed something.

And it is great that the new feature is being discussed in the thread I've started as a question. Wink

By the way, what is the filename of the icon currently used as the Boxsets node icon? I've met this icon in Video library but was unable to get its filename.

Actually I'd be rather thankful if one provide the list of Estuary node/item icons I could currently use for the custom nodes.
(2019-10-06, 16:28)garfield Wrote: And it is great that the new feature is being discussed in the thread I've started as a question. Wink
Consider yourself extremely blessed, it is rare for it to happen like this but I guess the time was ripe and @black_eagle volunteered. We are both working hard on this, a far from trivial feature as a first contribution to Kodi so black_eagle will need some beers/cheers at the end of it (which he may or may not want to share with his mentor/colleague by then).

(2019-10-06, 16:28)garfield Wrote: Actually I'd be rather thankful if one provide the list of Estuary node/item icons I could currently use for the custom nodes. 
These are skin specific so different skins will have different versions of icons. For estuary found on github https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...uary/media
(2019-10-06, 17:10)DaveBlake Wrote: For estuary found on github https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...uary/media

Thanks a lot!
@garfield I re-used the 'sets' icon from the video library, which in Estuary, is called 'DefaultSets.png'.  It's very likely that it is named differently in other skins.

It is/was a feature that I have long felt is missing so (perhaps a little rashly!) I decided to give it a go, in spite of not knowing much c++ or Kodi's codebase at all.  Still, you don't learn if you don't try and as @DaveBlake has had the misfortune to find out, I can be very trying at times Big Grin
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks a lot, black_eagle!

I don't use other KODI skins than default, so DefaultSets.png suits my needs well. )
(2019-10-12, 00:52)garfield Wrote: Thanks a lot, black_eagle!

I don't use other KODI skins than default, so DefaultSets.png suits my needs well. )

Just an FYI, skins must provide their own copies (originals or from a resource) of DefaultSets.png, but the filename should be hard-coded in MusicDatabaseDirectory.cpp GetIcon method for the library node icons.  I would suggest DefaultMusicSets or DefaultBoxSets to allow skins to use an icon image unique from movie sets.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Krypton
Leia
@scott967 I defined the icon in system/library/music/boxsets.xml rather than hard-code it, so it's possible to use any icon name for the node.  The compilations node also defines its icon this way rather than a hard-coded name.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
  •   
  • 9(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature00