Kodi crashes after upgrading ProjectM to 3.1.1
Kodi crashes when entering fullscreen mode (also when switching to main menu in Kodi) after upgrading ProjectM (kodi-visualization-projectm, libprojectm3, projectm-data).

Installed versions are:
Code:
kodi-visualization-projectm                   2.3.0-1~bionic
libprojectm3                                  3.1.1+rc4-0~bionic
projectm-data                                 3.1.1+rc4-0~bionic

Here's the full crashlog

I saw that there was a commit which introduced preset_folders and in my preset directory there are those also listed.
The crash happens in "LibraryPreset::~LibraryPreset()" so I'm not sure if it's related, in general ProjectM still works, but when entering fullscreen visualisation, Kodi crashes.
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
Sorry about, has testet with debian generated packages, but wrongly has taken the source from https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.projectm/pull/36 where it works.

There is a change in preset folder structure handling.

I look to bring this addon changes in and also I'm try to prevent the crash on libprojectm if older version is used.
The updated kodi-visualization-projectm Version 2.3.1-1~bionic is now available. The crash should be fixed.

The only not so nice thing is currently that the Preset change can't use independent Thread, hope to have this fixed soon, see: https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.pr.../issues/37
Thanks for fixing it this fast, I can confirm that it works again [emoji3][emoji1303]

[stroke]What's the effect of it running in one thread when changing presets?[/stroke]
Never mind, I've read the ticket ^^

I'm locking presets, and from time to time (couple of weeks/months) I change it when I can't see the same preset any more [emoji28]
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
About "one thread", if you use always the same, not related. Only if the automatic swap is used, stops the old first, then becomes the new generated and passed to GPU, between this time can be the view not correct.
With Multithread runs the old as long the new is ready to use.

Now with the new setting to select the group is the overview better and not over 2000 parts in one dialog  Wink.
Yeah it really helps keeping the overview Nod
Thanks again for the fast fix Smile

What about switching presets manually?
Or does it occur only when automatically rotating presets?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes after upgrading ProjectM to 3.1.10