Solved Enabling Spectrum visualization causes Kodi 18.x to abruptly exit when playing music
Information 
Every time I tried to play a music file with Kodi 18.x for FireTV Gen 2, it abnormally exited almost immediately. I thought it was related to Confluence, and so I filed a bug report: Android Kodi 18.x with Confluence exits abnormally when playing music

But further research showed that the problem actually is with Spectrum. Disable it, and music plays perfectly. Enable it and it exits/crashes. Is there somewhere else I should post this info?
Could you post a Debug Log which captures the crashing. Your log on github is of no help as it does not capture the crash and debug mode was not enabled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-08, 02:03)Karellen Wrote: Could you post a Debug Log which captures the crashing. Your log on github is of no help as it does not capture the crash and debug mode was not enabled.

I can't figure out how to use hastebin. I paste the log, press Save, but I'm not given any link or URL or what not.
(2019-10-08, 02:03)Karellen Wrote: Could you post a Debug Log which captures the crashing. Your log on github is of no help as it does not capture the crash and debug mode was not enabled.

oxufekoyav.kodi (paste)
Thanks @kamby19

The developer of the visualisation add-on has seen your post and log and will look into it soon to determine what the problem is.

Out of curiosity, how did you upload the log? Copy and Pate or add-on? I am wondering why you and some other logs I have seen over the last couple of days have double spacing. I can't seem to replicate that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Fault is fixed on https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.spectrum/pull/34 and new version is released (https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.sp...3.0.2-Leia), think in the next hours can Kodi update your FireTV addon.

Thanks a lot for the report, has not seen until now, but with a new brought FireTV stick, I could see the crash too.
(2019-10-08, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @kamby19

The developer of the visualisation add-on has seen your post and log and will look into it soon to determine what the problem is.

Out of curiosity, how did you upload the log? Copy and Pate or add-on? I am wondering why you and some other logs I have seen over the last couple of days have double spacing. I can't seem to replicate that.
(2019-10-10, 19:31)kamby19 Wrote:
(2019-10-08, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @kamby19

Hi! Yes, just cut and paste. I now know that's against the rules, and instead should have uploaded them to a file share server.

The double spacing was in the log file itself. I used ADBLink to pull the log file, so perhaps that's where they came from.

Thank you for all your help!
(2019-10-08, 23:12)alwinus Wrote: Fault is fixed on https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.spectrum/pull/34 and new version is released (https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.sp...3.0.2-Leia), think in the next hours can Kodi update your FireTV addon.

Thanks a lot for the report, has not seen until now, but with a new brought FireTV stick, I could see the crash too.

You're most welcome. I kept on troubleshooting to the best of my meager knowledge to find a solution because I love Spectrum! I'm a programmer myself (retired), but I couldn't imagine how I could possibly code up Spectrum.  Exceptional work!

BTW, the update just installed, so it's out there -- and it's working perfectly!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling Spectrum visualization causes Kodi 18.x to abruptly exit when playing music0