Does Kodi support remote sources?
Hey guys. So this is just a general query. Does kodi support remote sources or am I able to transfer media remotely to the media centre? We intend to build a Raspberry Pi MC with kodi, I want to add a 1TB HDD for media storage. Am I able to remotely copy media from lets say my work to the HDD connected to the MC, or can I create a remote source, so create a file at work which will have media in it, and kodi can access it remotely?
(2019-10-08, 09:09)Schoey1990 Wrote: so create a file at work which will have media in it, and kodi can access it remotely?
Kodi supports several file protocols, whether those are also available at "your work" is a question only you can answer.
You will have to open up one or more ports in your router if you want to gives access to your home network from/to the outside world, which will also create a new challenge of local network safety.

Sometimes it's much simpler to take your files "created at your work" home with on a USB device and copy them to your local 1TB storage device. No fuss, no network security issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi support remote sources?0