access & play .strm files in Kodi via UPnP?
I would like to play .strm files - like .m3u8 - on my Client: Android Kodi.

The files are ready on my Server: Windows Kodi

Or vice versa.

Is this possible via UPnP? If not, is there an alternative?
I'm a little unsure what you mean by plug & play. Internet video and audio streams (wiki) As long as the format and streaming-method (network-protocol) is supported by Kodi, the stream can be handled but must include true URL to a playable media file.
anyone?
Funny, you ask again after i told you .strm is not a transcodeable file. its only a link to an external file.
upnp is not able to transcode it and this is why it will not stream it.
Laugh
(2019-10-10, 18:22)skybird1980 Wrote: Funny, you ask again after i told you .strm is not a transcodeable file. its only a link to an external file.
upnp is not able to transcode it and this is why it will not stream it.
Ok, I will count from ten to zero, to cool down...F*ck it. I need to start at least form 100. Sad
(2019-10-10, 20:34)snoopyjoe Wrote: Laugh

Thank you for your highly valuable contribution.
(2019-10-10, 21:54)3000 Wrote: Thank you for your highly valuable contribution.
As he walks away shaking his head, the rattle noise echoing in the vast space is apparent.
you have to have an addon that will play the strm files?  Do you have one installed?  If so, what is it?
No, strm files are played natively by Kodi (presuming that the source that they point to is in a format that Kodi can work with).

However as noted above, they do not work via uPNP.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
access & play .strm files in Kodi via UPnP?0