20 Nov 2019 - TVDB Scraper v3.2.0 is now available which reinstates scraping. TVDB are still in the process of fixing a number of bugs so there may still be further breakages. See this post. 2901570 (post)

Player.DisplayAfterSeek conditions
According to the Kodi docs:  "True for the first 2.5 seconds after a seek."

Actually, it is also true if the video is paused and not seeking.  I did a forum search, and a couple users objected to this behavior and removed the visible condition for this in various skin files.

My question, is this behavior intentional?  If so maybe update the documentation.

Update:  did some code searching and see that if playback speed is != 1.0 then it is true.  But if you change tempo rather than FF or REW then it is only true for the first 2.5 seconds.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Krypton
Leia
(2019-10-09, 18:19)scott967 Wrote: According to the Kodi docs:  "True for the first 2.5 seconds after a seek."

Actually, it is also true if the video is paused and not seeking.  I did a forum search, and a couple users objected to this behavior and removed the visible condition for this in various skin files.

My question, is this behavior intentional?  If so maybe update the documentation.

Update:  did some code searching and see that if playback speed is != 1.0 then it is true.  But if you change tempo rather than FF or REW then it is only true for the first 2.5 seconds.

scott s.

I have to strongly agree here... In my skin it's also used to show the OSD during video playback right after seeking. But it's also triggered after a playback is resumed. This is mostly fine, but having a setting to disable showing the OSD during pause (which users requested) is not working properly with this: the OSD wouldn't show anymore when pressing pause, but it would show up again when pressing play - as DisplayAfterSeek is returning true here.

What might be useful: DisplayAfterSeek only for seeking actions (FF/RW or skip) as well as DisplayAfterResume (paused, pressing play again)... But strictly seperate.
I can't comment on whether it is intentional. However, personally I think that it should only be after a "seek" like it says it is. Pausing is not seeking IMHO.

Ideally there would be advancedsettings that could change the delay value individually for delay after seek and delay after pause.

For instance something like:
<displayafterpause>0.5</displayafterpause>
<displayafterseek>2.5</displayafterseek>

Would then set Player.DisplayAfterSeek to True after resuming from pause for 0.5 seconds and after seeking for 2.5 seconds. That way users would be able to adjust the delay in each scenario according to their own preferences.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player.DisplayAfterSeek conditions00