xbmc on secondary screen (dual screen)
Hi,

I am quite new to xbmc and am looking at switching from MP to xbmc. I am faced with a problem on my system.

I have a monitor and a projector. I use dual screen. The monitor is the main screen and the projector is the secondary screen.

I cant manage to have xbmc work on my secondary screen. When looking at resolutions through xbmc i cant see those for my projector. If i open xbmc in window mode and then move it to my secondary display, xbmc doesnt refresh itself anymore. I use nvidia control panel to set my dual screen.
I dont know if i have to change anything in nvidia control panel or if i have to tweak xbmc config files.

Can anyone help?
I dont know what the problem is but i have similar problems. I think nvidias OpenGL drivers just plainly SUCK in windows Sad
Or maybe its a problem with glew or SDL or xbmc.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
It has nothing to do with opengl which doesnt deal with screens. I do think it has something to do with SDL. But it might just be a configuration problem as i know a lot of people have it working.
On a dual screen configuration, there is a setting on the nvidia control panel that allows you to make sure video also gets reflected on the secondary screen. Google ...
ok thanks VortexICS, i ll look into it Wink
Im also interested in this.

i dont think reflecting video to second screen would help as most likely he wants xbmc's interface on the second screen as well

if only there was a way to tell xbmc to run on the secondary display adapter. Media portal has this option in the General Section of the Configuration.
i didnt manage to put it fullscreen on the secondary screen.
I ended putting my secondary screen as the main screen and lauching xbmc with -f
I'd like to see this in a future build as well. Running XBMC and the ability to browe the net on the other screen simultaniously is mandatory! Talking about multitasking and all this.. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on secondary screen (dual screen)0