• 31(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
Pushed Update now

Changelog **.1.12~alpha
txt:

- added
    • shortcuts :
        - new setting in Home Section : enable Section Widgets ( means Widgets can be linked to Mainmenu Entrys and will just be shown if the belonging Homemenu Entry was focused )
            -> linking can be done  from menuitem editor (link to multiple existing widgets), or from widget editor (link to a mainmenu entry)

! NOTE : unlinked Widgets will not be shown if using this setting

• skinsetting :
        - use tmdbhelper as fallback for ratings - quick edit  - WIP : currently just in  in footer ( library section )

- fixes / improvements
    • shortcuts :
        - fix of some widget | mainmenu item attributes not covered on move/switch  +|-
        - fix when start to defime a widget for common items (videos|music|pictures|games|programs) a string was set and keept even if abort
        - fix some Header Labels ( for dialog_1103 )

• fullscreenvisualisation|home
        - fix incorrect visible condition which prevented load/show wished big playlist

• addonbrowser
        - auto go back after updating and container is empty but focused
        - check for updates on addonbroser opening (experimental)

• fullscreeninfo :
        - musicvideos : get album and musicvideo container of current artist  (expeimental) - Pretty Much WIP (just container, no actions, also include current musicvideo)
        - auto 'toogle' plot visible if exist

• home :
        - fix 'unable to move' when no widget visible -> change <defaultcontrol> from widgets to mainmenu id

• videoinfo :
        - prevent crew lookup if musicvideo
        - get background for musicvideos if musichub is the active window

• widgetitemlayouts :
        - boolean expression wrong param 'get_bgpanel_visible' to 'get_tagbgpanel' - shrink progressbar under correct conditions (roundedge + no panal in use)

• initial start :
        - if no content -> start in hometile layout with 'settings' as menu entry, to set up the stuff
        - change/add some default widgets
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Hi,
Your repo doesn't work ?

EDIT: its all good, my bad
I'm trying to create a widget for Settings where I can use the "is section" attribute

I'm running KODI on Apple TV 4K and if I use Spotlight or Just widgets home menu, once the focus shifts to a widget using the Apple remote I'm unable to switch focus back to the main menu using the Menu button.  If I scroll to arrive at the start of a widget and continue to the left the widgets just wrap round in a constant loop.  If I press Menu when the widgets are in focus, I'm taken out of KODI completely.

I've worked around these access issues by creating widgets on the home page to access content and video libraries all linked to the same main menu item, negating the need to switch from Movies to TV shows via the main menu.

However I can't create a widget to access the Settings menu.  I can still access it in a roundabout manner, but would prefer the ease and simplicity of a home widget.
I've been testing your skin out today.. the widgets work very well now since your last update. I do have a few questions though if that's okay..

1- I have IMDb ratings enabled in settings, but I'm not seeing the ratings anywhere. Neither in 'spotlight' or 'widgets only' views. Omdb keys are in both embuary info aswell as tmdbhelper. Do you know why I'm still not seeing the ratings?

2- Let's say I create a menu called 'Movies'.. how do I set it so when I click on that menu it opens that particular section on the homescreen? From what I can tell, it's possible to make it so add-ons open directly, but I simply just want it to open the section I'm currently on (whether that be movies or TV shows).

Thanks for your work.. I'm looking forward to seeing how your skin progresses.
(2021-09-02, 13:27)Kokonutcreme Wrote: I'm trying to create a widget for Settings where I can use the "is section" attribute

I'm running KODI on Apple TV 4K and if I use Spotlight or Just widgets home menu, once the focus shifts to a widget using the Apple remote I'm unable to switch focus back to the main menu using the Menu button. If I scroll to arrive at the start of a widget and continue to the left the widgets just wrap round in a constant loop. If I press Menu when the widgets are in focus, I'm taken out of KODI completely.

I've worked around these access issues by creating widgets on the home page to access content and video libraries all linked to the same main menu item, negating the need to switch from Movies to TV shows via the main menu.

However I can't create a widget to access the Settings menu. I can still access it in a roundabout manner, but would prefer the ease and simplicity of a home widget.

Hi,

1. 'settings' is just available for mainmenu entry, not for widgets.

2. for the issue itself ( unable to focus menu ) i will do add a setting (circular navigation ) soon.
So that you can focus the menu when hit 'left' on the first item of a widget container.

But strange that hit 'menu' you get kicked out.
By default it shoukd focus the menu panel...

Unsure if map the button global to 'menu' resolve it till such setting is available.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
(2021-09-02, 17:57)rizreflects Wrote: I've been testing your skin out today.. the widgets work very well now since your last update. I do have a few questions though if that's okay..

1- I have IMDb ratings enabled in settings, but I'm not seeing the ratings anywhere. Neither in 'spotlight' or 'widgets only' views. Omdb keys are in both embuary info aswell as tmdbhelper. Do you know why I'm still not seeing the ratings?

2- Let's say I create a menu called 'Movies'.. how do I set it so when I click on that menu it opens that particular section on the homescreen? From what I can tell, it's possible to make it so add-ons open directly, but I simply just want it to open the section I'm currently on (whether that be movies or TV shows).

To point..

1. i just noticed it'll take a while to show up, the issue i see that i'll have to dont use it as fallback, but optional.
( currently it'll have to lookup fisrt a hidden container which is refreshing on every 'move' for an item and if its refreshed but did'nt offer a rating it start lookup by tmdb helper which also have a refresh time)
i will see soon how i can/will make it faster.

2. You just have to go into that section , you like to have.

e.g.
videodb://movies/ - will open the section with its subdir / library nodes

but
videodb://movies/titles - will go directly into the view with all your movies.

video example
just hit the save me button in the wished 'section/node'
(2021-09-04, 19:31)mardukL Wrote: Hi,

2. for the issue itself ( unable to focus menu ) i will do add a setting (circular navigation ) soon.
So that you can focus the menu when hit 'left' on the first item of a widget container.

Unsure if map the button global to 'menu' resolve it till such setting is available.
Thank you, yes the behaviour is strange and unique to SWAN from all the skins that I've used and tested in KODI on Apple TV.  As I stated I can access the Settings menu through additional clicks from a category section widget.

I wonder if anyone else running Matrix on Apple TV using your skin has encountered the same problem?

I'll install Leia version and see if behaviour is the same.
(2021-09-05, 01:56)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2021-09-04, 19:31)mardukL Wrote: Hi,

Thank you, yes the behaviour is strange and unique to SWAN from all the skins that I've used and tested in KODI on Apple TV.  As I stated I can access the Settings menu through additional clicks from a category section widget.

I wonder if anyone else running Matrix on Apple TV using your skin has encountered the same problem?

I'll install Leia version and see if behaviour is the same.
Pushed Updete, by toggle cicular navigation on, you should easily focus the menu.. ;P
Pushed Update

Changelog  : 1.13~alpha  
txt:
- added

• videobookmarks (WIP):
        - add dialog

• musicplaylisteditor (WIP):
        - just functional, atm didnt cared much about layout

• music|videoplaylist ~ MyPlaylist.xml    (WIP):

• skinsettings :
        video
            - pause video when opening fullscreeninfo ( was default skin behaviour without option before)
            - pause video when opening videobookmarks
            - ondown action on video osd - optional open videobookmarks ( default is open fullscreeninfo )
        home
            - add circular navigation option ( when click left on first widget item you can focus mainmenu )

musicplaylisteditor | MyPlaylist.xml ?
            - toggle a bg panel (available in menucontrol panel, if musicplaylisteditor | MyPlaylist.xml is current window )

• default colortheme :
        - change default spotlight colors
(2021-09-02, 17:57)rizreflects Wrote: I've been testing your skin out today.. the widgets work very well now since your last update. I do have a few questions though if that's okay..

i did some tests and adjustments today.
It should now a bit faster, even if not very speedy.

https://streamable.com/z42w43
(2021-09-06, 13:46)mardukL Wrote: Pushed Update

[syntax=txt]- added

home
            - add circular navigation option ( when click left on first widget item you can focus mainmenu )

Thanks the circular navigation option has resolved the issue of accessing the mainmenu on Apple TV.

Not sure if this has already been reported as a bug, but when creating a widget the "Last Played" option for Sort By isn't applied when selected.  It displays and behaves as "Date Added"
(2021-09-07, 22:01)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 13:46)mardukL Wrote: Pushed Update

[syntax=txt]- added

home

Thanks the circular navigation option has resolved the issue of accessing the mainmenu on Apple TV.

Not sure if this has already been reported as a bug, but when creating a widget the "Last Played" option for Sort By isn't applied when selected.  It displays and behaves as "Date Added"
upps..read too late, push update now. i take look soon... ;-)

Changelog *.1.14 :

• improve|fix rating/footer stuff (WIP)
    - add framed textlabel fallback in footer if studiologo image does'nt exist in resource addon
    - add non optional rating for plugins,music (netflix,amazon vod,disney+,music,userrating, means if browse those plugins - they got used their depending img )

- try be faster in rating lookups (embuaryhelper|themoviedbhelper)

• skinsettings :
    - add possibility to show trakt ratings
Maybe some Info Viewtype(s) coming soon

Info Panel - when Using Blurred Fanart

Info Panel - Not using Blurred Art
Info Panel - disabled Artwork

Info Panel - Trailer Playback
A couple of minor bugs:

When using Spotlight Cards viewtype for episodes, words Season and Episode are not in English.

When using Spotlight poster/landscape viewtype you can't access menu to change viewtype without scrolling back to the beginning of the row.

Is there a way to access/create submenu items in this skin?  Also did there use to be an option to display content information in widgets using various poster types?
(2021-09-12, 15:31)Kokonutcreme Wrote: A couple of minor bugs:

When using Spotlight Cards viewtype for episodes, words Season and Episode are not in English.
Will resolved, also some unwished overlays ( flags n headers)

When using Spotlight poster/landscape viewtype you can't access menu to change viewtype without scrolling back to the beginning of the row.

i take a look there too,.
current compromise is press "menu" button. there is also an existing menu control section setting " focus pre menu bar"

this way its easier to dp stuff like play trailers,open embuary info for the panel view types.

Is there a way to access/create submenu items in this skin?  Also did there use to be an option to display content information in widgets using various poster types?

Currently its more experimental and just if using the "mainmenu tile" home layout.
but custum submenu items are on to do list.

I dont understand the question about content infos for posters ?¿....you can toggle the info setting for each widgets no matter which artwork type...
@mardukL 

Hi, Is it possible that the player's appearance will be the same as Netflix?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3