• 48(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
Pushed Update v. *.1.50:

• dialogconfirm:
        - slighlty changed layout (still unfinished, esp. progress bar)

• global/media items
        - added listitem indicators for plugin content - show tickmark if item is part of local lib

• media windows
        - added letter popup when scroll , optional ( toogle on/off in skinseetings , LIBRARY section)
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Hi and first of all grats for your amazing job ! I'm just testing this skin and already love it. 

May be a dumb question but i couldn't find any way to disable entirely the fallback image when playing music (not hub) under the visualization effects. It keep showing me the artist's or album fanart on the background plus the effects over it. I'd love to watch my visualization effects only like Milkdrop or so and disable all the rest. Is it possibile and how ? Thanks
(2022-04-07, 13:21)gRullo Wrote: Hi and first of all grats for your amazing job ! I'm just testing this skin and already love it. 

May be a dumb question but i couldn't find any way to disable entirely the fallback image when playing music (not hub) under the visualization effects. It keep showing me the artist's or album fanart on the background plus the effects over it. I'd love to watch my visualization effects only like Milkdrop or so and disable all the rest. Is it possibile and how ? Thanks

A option to 'just show visualisation' is indeed missing.
i'll add such option soon, when found time again.
Will be in next update.
got not much time atm.
Wow! This skin is amazing! I was just taking it for a test run on my laptop out of boredom yesterday...
And now already have it on my cell phone and Fire TV Cube lol.
Great work homie!!!
Sorry if its been mentioned but is there a way to change the colour of the icons at the foot of a the screen when film is playing.
Stop,Pause,Forward etc?
(2022-05-11, 19:17)hostile17 Wrote: Sorry if its been mentioned but is there a way to change the colour of the icons at the foot of a the screen when film is playing.
Stop,Pause,Forward etc?

Hey, if you go into settings / skin settings / player - scroll down to "Video OSD Colors" I just tested it and turned "Video Color for Focused Button" to a different color and it worked for the buttons I pressed. I assume "Video OSD for UnFocused Button would be those that aren't pressed.  Good luck
(2022-05-12, 18:55)Bermystar Wrote:
(2022-05-11, 19:17)hostile17 Wrote: Sorry if its been mentioned but is there a way to change the colour of the icons at the foot of a the screen when film is playing.
Stop,Pause,Forward etc?

Hey, if you go into settings / skin settings / player - scroll down to "Video OSD Colors" I just tested it and turned "Video Color for Focused Button" to a different color and it worked for the buttons I pressed. I assume "Video OSD for UnFocused Button would be those that aren't pressed.  Good luck
Thanks,that works great.
(2022-05-09, 01:42)Bermystar Wrote: Wow! This skin is amazing! I was just taking it for a test run on my laptop out of boredom yesterday...
Great work homie!!!

Thanks alot for the kind words, currently the development is a bit delayed, as i currently got not much time to improve the skin.
But glad it worked out well for you at the current state.
(2022-05-14, 15:31)mardukL Wrote:
(2022-05-09, 01:42)Bermystar Wrote: Wow! This skin is amazing! I was just taking it for a test run on my laptop out of boredom yesterday...
Great work homie!!!

Thanks alot for the kind words, currently the development is a bit delayed, as i currently got not much time to improve the skin.
But glad it worked out well for you at the current state.

No worries man. Real life comes first.
I've used your previous Titan skin. But times go on, and now I'm trying your Swan version, because I still have the idea you also focus on music.
But like with the titan skin, I again miss the "universal Arial" font. (including Thai)
Gow can I add this font again?
Or maybe you can add the font as a standard besides the plain fonts? (Arial.ttf vs Arialuni.ttf ain't not much of a different in file size)
(2022-07-15, 14:39)Lessram Wrote: I've used your previous Titan skin. But times go on, and now I'm trying your Swan version, because I still have the idea you also focus on music.
But like with the titan skin, I again miss the "universal Arial" font. (including Thai)
Gow can I add this font again?
Or maybe you can add the font as a standard besides the plain fonts? (Arial.ttf vs Arialuni.ttf ain't not much of a different in file size)

Hi, i got some trouble find a good font for ( chinese/korean...), also a noob when it comes to fonts.

if you know about a good one ( which may also got extra bold style) which is legit to use, just pm me with a link.

i looked here last time. https://fonts.google.com/

btw. sorry for the delay of development of the skin again, will work on this any time soon.
and a music has a big priority here to.
;-)
(2022-07-19, 15:53)mardukL Wrote: Hi, i got some trouble find a good font for ( chinese/korean...), also a noob when it comes to fonts.
if you know about a good one ( which may also got extra bold style) which is legit to use, just pm me with a link.

With Titan, I used this trick.....
https://markexpeditions.blogspot.com/201...aking.html

Read the way he solved it, this worked for Titan, but somehow SWAN doesn't pick this trick.
Besides; I think it'd much easier when it's standard in a skin. ARIAL.TTF versus ARIALUNI.TTF is just a small extra in filesize. But would make many asian (and asian music fans) very happy.
(Although... I know I'm no tweaker/programmer, so maybe I am thinking too lightly)
In Swan are 2 font options, ain't it possible to add this ARIALUNI.TTF as a 3rd, as it contains the standard ARIAL but also includes the asian caracters?  (Eventually just simply renamed to arial.ttf as mentioned it the above article)

BTW; Thank for noticing my question. Smile
One other thing (I know; Work in Progress), some menu items stay in German language, even if I choose Dutch or English;
Example;

In this image, there are even 3 languages used; English, Dutch and German......
And a 3rd correction I hope to see;

In this menu, it's almost impossible to see, what option has been highlighted/selected. No border or different color for the selected item.

I really like(d) your Titan skin, because it;s one of the skins focussing more on music, but this Titan skin becomes buggy, too slow and has hickups caused by all the work-arounds.
The SWAN skin already solved many of my problems with my ultra huge (legit) music collection. So I am sooooooo hoping it will become perfect or atleast solve my Titan problems.
As you probably noticed; I use Kodi mainly folr my music collection. Movies and alike are just a bonus TO ME (!!)
(2022-07-20, 01:22)Lessram Wrote:
(2022-07-19, 15:53)mardukL Wrote: Hi, i got some trouble find a good font for ( chinese/korean...), also a noob when it comes to fonts.

With Titan, I used this trick.....
https://markexpeditions.blogspot.com/201...aking.html

Read the way he solved it, this worked for Titan, but somehow SWAN doesn't pick this trick.
Besides; I think it'd much easier when it's standard in a skin. ARIAL.TTF versus ARIALUNI.TTF is just a small extra in filesize. But would make many asian (and asian music fans) very happy.
(Although... I know I'm no tweaker/programmer, so maybe I am thinking too lightly)
In Swan are 2 font options, ain't it possible to add this ARIALUNI.TTF as a 3rd, as it contains the standard ARIAL but also includes the asian caracters?  (Eventually just simply renamed to arial.ttf as mentioned it the above article)

BTW; Thank for noticing my question. Smile

The implementation was not the issue,

the issue here is that  arialuni font is not free to use, as it is a ms licensed font . so i cannot pack it in a zip and provide it as open source ;-).
I'll see where it leads me to.
noto sans got also some benefits but not as good as the arialuni ...
but i start some research ( https://github.com/notofonts/noto-fonts/issues/13 ; https://dejavu-fonts.github.io/ )

(2022-07-20, 01:34)Lessram Wrote: One other thing (I know; Work in Progress), some menu items stay in German language, even if I choose Dutch or English;
Example;
will resolved soon, i leave some hardcoded/unlocalized string labels here and there...

(2022-07-20, 01:34)Lessram Wrote: In this menu, it's almost impossible to see, what option has been highlighted/selected. No border or different color for the selected item.
You can define custom colors (which is also a bit messy atm but working ;-) )

What you're after is panel focusedItem (default is white) , and panel unfocusedItem (default grey) textcolor

If you're on Kodi Nexus,you maybe need to installl colorpicker either from my repo or 'kodi community repo'
( Also there are currently bugs with scrollbars (invisible, not being able to be focused which is not skin related, maybe more , just start to test some things right now )
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3