Release Kodi Badge for GitHub Repos
Apologies if this should have been filed elsewhere - seemed relevant only to addon development. 

On a lot of open source projects people like to use badges from the shields.io website, and other places I'm sure, to put relevant information about their project front and center. One thing I liked to keep on top of the README file for addons I work on is minimum Kodi version compatibility so that people know right off the bat when looking at the code repository on Github. I often have different branches too that maintain different levels of compatibility. I thought it would be really cool to have a badge that could automatically pull this in like it does for other information. 

Below is a link to what I came up with. It's a simple PHP script that uses the shields.io json endpoint syntax to generate a Kodi Addon badge. By putting in your repo information it will read in the addon.xml file of your addon and generate a badge showing the minimum supported Kodi version it will support. This is done based on the compatibility matrix from the Kodi wiki. There are a couple options as well. You can show all compatible versions or only the minimum compatible versions. For examples see the README of the repo. 

I'm using this right now on a few addons that I maintain pretty regularly. It seems to work well. Check it out "in the wild" for the Backup and Library Updater addon pages. If anyone has a more permanent place to host it please PM me as I'm open to ideas. I have it running on a private server at the moment but don't want a lot of traffic hitting it as my ISP will likely start to question what's up. Hopefully a few people find this as useful as I did, was fun to put together even if I'm the only one. 

Kodi Shield - https://github.com/robweber/kodi-shield
Interesting... thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Badge for GitHub Repos0