Kodi as a bluetooth receiver
Hello,
I have Raspberry Pi with LibreElec. Is it possible to install an add-on and use it as a bluetooth receiver? I want to connect it to my old amp and speakers via hdmi so that google home can connect to it as the default bluetooth speaker.

Can someone please help me with this issue?
via bluetooth I do not know but Airplay from Apple works fine`ish`not as smooth as real Airplay on Mac with more than one Speaker simultaneously but it worked nice as one player.
this could be helpful then

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/pulseaudio#blu..._receiving
(2019-10-13, 09:18)DaVu Wrote: this could be helpful then

Thanks man. This link helped me.
I follow the instructions above and my Raspberry pi works perfectly as a bluetooth receiver. The problem, however, is that with each Libreelec restart, the settings are reset and I have to repeat the procedure every time. Is there any option or command that should be written in ssh so that I don't have to do everything again after every restart? Thanks.
That might be better asked on the LibreElec Forums as it's OS specific, although there are enough LE team members around here that you may get an answer anyway here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-10-13, 09:18)DaVu Wrote: this could be helpful then

I can't understand what the last step is here. What is meant by "Select the audio output device in Kodi (if you want audio from your device and from playing files in Kodi)" ?

From where within Kodi do I select the audio output device? Also, I want to use the existing output device. This part doesn't make sense in having Kodi setup as a Bluetooth receiver.
Bluetooth "receiver" functionality has to be done at OS level and has nothing to do with Kodi.
Kodi does not handle bluetooth at all, "bluetooth settings" you might see in LibreELEC is a part of a LE specific addon and is not present in vanilla Kodi.
Pulseaudio can do this but the proceedings to achieve a working setup are pretty much OS specific and this question is better asked on the forums of your OS of choice.

While playing around with this stuff I was able to make the following chain: android phone -> linux box -> bluetooth headphones (paired with the box, not with the phone).
On the linux box side everything was done via bluez+pulseaudio.
I was just fooling around and I don't use this setup, it's pointless )).
(2020-09-12, 03:31)asavah Wrote: Bluetooth "receiver" functionality has to be done at OS level and has nothing to do with Kodi.
Kodi does not handle bluetooth at all, "bluetooth settings" you might see in LibreELEC is a part of a LE specific addon and is not present in vanilla Kodi.
OK, thanks for the response. That clears it up somewhat.
(2019-10-20, 09:09)dimo777 Wrote: [font][font]Ik volg bovenstaande instructies en mijn Raspberry pi werkt perfect als bluetooth ontvanger. [/font][font]Het probleem is echter dat bij elke herstart van Libreelec de instellingen worden gereset en ik de procedure elke keer moet herhalen. [/font][font]Is er een optie of commando dat in ssh moet worden geschreven, zodat ik niet alles opnieuw hoef te doen na elke herstart? [/font][font]Bedankt.[/font][/font]
[font][font]misschien een .sh script maken[/font][/font]
(2020-11-04, 12:58)robert2006 Wrote: [font][font]misschien een .sh script maken[/font][/font]

This is not a Dutch but an English only forum.
Also be careful when pasting text into the Kodi forum editor. It's a bit allergic at times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi as a bluetooth receiver0