PulseEight CEC and LG WebOS remote
Hi.
I've recently switched my old samsung HD to a new LG 4K TV (with WebOS), model: 55UK6300.
I am using PulseEight CEC adapter from its early days (bought at pre-order).

My previous samsung TV has the following remote control:
The problem with this remote was that eg. the volume keys was not "forwarded" to the CEC. It was bound to TV only. I just remapped the "Channel +/-" as a volume control.
As this was the old model I hoped that the CEC situation is now better with modern TVs. I just looked at the kodi and pulseeight sites and LG is supported.

Finally I connected my new LG TV to Kodi and only the red-marked buttons are working:
Edit: the "stop" button should also be marked.

I was also trying to debug the problem with cec-client and pushing the buttons.
And I have the same problem - no reaction when pushing eg.: digits, volume buttons, only the marked ones are "passed" to the CEC.

Is this a known LG problem? Do you guys also have such problems with this brand?

Who to blame? I assume the WebOS in LG, right?
This is ridiculous that it is not passing at least digits and volume control to the CEC!!!  No

ps. Is there some alternative firmware for this tv? I don't even need all this "smart" stuff. I only want kodi via HDMI and CEC normally working!
AFAIK this behaviour is on purpose by the TV manufacturer. The manufacturers want it so that some keys are always reserved for TV functions. It sucks especially when some/most (?) remotes even are switchable between TV remote control and other, often labeled DVD etc., which makes you think that when switched all keys of the remote are released from controlling the TV except the switching key of course.
Yes - it's common for TV manufacturers, across the board, to reserve some remote keys for the TV only, and not forward them via CEC, though precisely which ones are forwarded or not isn't consistent across all manufacturers.  In my experience it's usually just cursor keys, enter, and transport keys (Play, Pause, Stop, FF, Rew and possibly Record) that are forwarded.

This is to allow consistent behaviour when viewing CEC and non-CEC devices, with some buttons being defined as buttons. Number keys and volume keys in particular are often not forwarded because a primary TV use case when watching an AV input is that pressing a number key will start the process of changing back to TV and selecting that channel number, irrespective of what AV source (CEC or not) you are watching at the time.  Ditto volume, so that whatever you are watching (CEC or not) the volume keys control the TV volume (rather than sending a Vol +/- command over CEC to the AV device being viewed).

In general the keys forwarded over CEC are the keys that are also used by internal apps (if you have a WebOS or Android TV set) rather than controlling generic TV functions.
An alternative you might want to investigate is the FLIRC (wiki) it doesn't turn on the PC, from desktop it will launch and control every aspect of Kodi on just about any IR remote.
So , if Flirc doesn't turn on the PC , can I assume it won't turn on the TV either Pat ? 
I have cheap "chinese" remote that I use for kodi on my PC , it will wake the PC from sleep so I don't power the PC off. But I find it frustrating that I have to use my TV remote to power up the TV , then switch to the PC remote .
Am looking for something that will switch my TV on when I use kodi on my windows 10 PC.
EDIT :  Reading reviews on "PulseEight" looks like it will do exactly what I am looking for.
Flirc can't turn your tv on , it's ir reciver for the pc . I've got a flirc and I brought a 4way universal remote , now I can control , kodi, TV, sky all from one remote
Cheers for that . Are you running kodi from a PC ? with flirc and that 4 way remote ?
Yes I'm running kodi from a pc with flirc usb connected to the pc . The remote I've got is called "One For All Essence 4 Universal Remote Control"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PulseEight CEC and LG WebOS remote0