5.1 surround output via optical output
(2019-10-15, 12:54)ninjagull99 Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 20:14)tigersky Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 17:32)ninjagull99 Wrote: Many thanks for taking the time to post replies to me.  I sent the A95X F2 Android 9.0 TV BOX back and unable to test.  I still have my Nvidia shield, if I use the settings above is Mr Fritsch saying that My TV will pass the 5.1 surround sound signal to my Samsung surround sound system.  I read the thread on what box to get as a beginner especially for audio but there seems to be no mention of 5.1 over optical, only HDMI.  
Just wondered if anyone has got an Android box and getting 5.1 surround output from optical output?  Many thanks  
hi ninjagull99, I'm using beelink gt1 android box with above audio settings as mentioned by fritsch to get both 5.1 optical out and 5.1 hdmi out to a sony receiver. you can get 5.1 optical out with almost any Android tv box ,even with A95X F2 PROVIDED you have the appropriate audio settings in kodi and your box audio settings. please go through the kodi audio settings page once more. goodluck. i have even ordered  a new android box running nougat version 7.1.2  to get 5.1 and 7.1 auio pass through in kodi as per mr.wrxtasy's suggestions.  
Dear Tigersky

Many thanks for that information.  I will order a GT1 box today and let you know who I get on.  Thank you to everyone how has posted to this thread and the excellent support. 
DEAR ninja,   beelink products are good but costly when compared to others. please let me know your exact requirements . I'll guide you. why don't you think about DIY  coreelec or libreelec to run kodi and enjoy high quality audio and video out. it's pretty simple. cheers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5.1 surround output via optical output - by tigersky - 2019-10-15, 14:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 surround output via optical output1