• 3(current)
XBMP has better video quality than XBMC?
Thumbs Up 
improvment is very noticable in the 5-9-04 cvs. great job!
it's like getting contacts/glasses for the first time, you never new how vivid things can look.

wow! what did you change?
but it's still inferior to the last release of xbmp Sad
(djlink @ may 11 2004,13:56 Wrote:improvment is very noticable in the 5-9-04 cvs.  great job!
it's like getting contacts/glasses for the first time, you never new how vivid things can look.

wow! what did you change?
i largely rewrote the video output code.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(sunfish @ may 12 2004,06:59 Wrote:but it's still inferior to the last release of xbmp  Sad
it's staying as is.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

just thought i'd add that i've definitely noticed a big visual improvement since the last changes you made, and i really appreciate all of the work that you've put in to improving the video output of xbmc.

thanks.
hm, maybe it's time to bring this topic back into discussion.
the video quality is still worse than in latest xbmp version. are you still working on this or is it the final status how it is now?
btw, your latest 'new video output code' changed nothing for me :verysad:

thx and cu
please see this topic for details of what i'm working on...
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=3976

(butcher @ june 18 2004,01:38 Wrote:please see this topic for details of what i'm working on...
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=3976
@packleds, in other words; no, sorry but no one on team-xbmc is working on fixing this. besides, think bug in is mplayer, not in xbmc
revival of this old topic. i might do a bit more work on quality and speed improvements to xbmc shortly.

sounds great, butcher!

(butcher @ aug. 03 2004,15:35 Wrote:revival of this old topic. i might do a bit more work on quality and speed improvements to xbmc shortly.
yes!!! :bowdown:

this is great news. more quality the better as i'm thinking about getting an panasonic ae-500 projector.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(butcher @ aug. 03 2004,16:35 Wrote:revival of this old topic. i might do a bit more work on quality and speed improvements to xbmc shortly.
i can't say that i have any specific complaints about how it currently works, but better can not be worse right? thank you (and the rest of the developers) for an awesome application. it's the reason for the purchasing of my current xbox in the first place.
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/love_tropicana/
audioscrobbler.com + xbmc = happy kids!
new code is in, its a bit faster and uses less memory, maybe higher quality, maybe not, i'll let you decide.

@butcher: thank you!! :bowdown: i'm testing now and it look perfectly!
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Smile 
(gamester17 @ june 18 2004,11:09 Wrote:think bug in is mplayer, not in xbmc
i think i was wrong about that, don't think the xbmc post-processing quality bug/issie is in mplayer, at least not in mplayer for windows and linux as post-processing works exelect there, so maybe the bug is only in the xbmc/xbox ported version of mplayer. (i think eveyone is right when saying post-processing worked fine in 'old' xbmp but it produce worse quality in xbmc than no post-proc).

though i have not yet tested butcher's new code, does that affect/fix the quality of mplayer's post-processing filters in xbmc?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMP has better video quality than XBMC?0