Deactivate disc completely
I never use built-in disc playback (it doesn't work stable but that's just one reason), is it possible to remove it completely?

I found a way to hide it in menu, but it doesn't stop kodi from checking the disc if one is inserted. And often hangs up while doing so. I have to kill it with task manager and sometimes also have to push the hardware eject button or else kodi also hangs explorer process.

Also it is not hardware related, disc drive works fine with PowerDVD.
(2019-10-12, 15:49)drht57 Wrote: is it possible to remove it completely?
You would have to eliminate it from the o/s sources (then mount as needed) , Kodi looks for the DVD drive on launch to check if there's anything to play. I have a DVD drive that no longer works (to lazy to rip it out and replace it) and as long as I don't try and load up a disk, Kodi works a treat. I further suggest that given the right software drivers, (it's possible that powerDVD is using some proprietary disk driver) Kodi should be able to read a functioning disk as long as the o/s ca see it.
Is it possible to deactivate auto discovery then?

It seems that kodi doesn't check disc if os read it. It only checks if disc is present but os didn't (or couldn't) read it.
If there is no disc in the drive you should not see any delay or problem

I think you should investigate why your system is doing this
(2019-10-15, 19:57)jools5000 Wrote: If there is no disc in the drive you should not see any delay or problem

I think you should investigate why your system is doing this

There's often a disc inserted. Typically watching 1-2 episodes of a series, switch to TV. If TV gets boring, switch to series. Everytime i launch kodi, there's a probability it will hang up. And I find it quite annoying to always have to move to and fro the couch to push the hardware eject.
It's not for me to tell you how to run your system, but the main point of Kodi is to offer a library for you to play your ripped media. Ideally get a large hard drive and rip all your physical media to hard drive

Then you can enjoy disc-less bliss and sit back with all your media at the push of a remote button
Disable AutoPlay in Settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deactivate disc completely1