HDMI switch - instant, no delay, no blackscreen - for multiple Kodi's?
Hi, is anybody using an HDMI switch for multiple OS's and Kodi?

Example: switch between Kodi on Windows and Kodi on FireTV Stick or some other OS.

I am interested in a solution without any delay. Something seamless. 

Maybe you have some suggestions.

Thank you
No words, this is the by far the worst forum in the history of internet - hands down.
I'm not surprised there are no replies - this isn't a Kodi question, and would be better asked in some other place.
I've used HDMI switches, but am aware of the differences in the facilities supplied. I've never experience delays (except in finding the remote control for the switch), but some switches will automatically switch to a new source when it appears.
Caveat emptor!
Derek
A bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for your answer. 

But I am confused. Having a few seconds of a black screen when switching HDMI inputs is the norm. So I am not sure you understood my question.

If you actually own or know a switcher that has none, let me know the brand and type. And I will get it myself asap.
I highly guess there's no device which seriously has "no delay by switching inputs".

Let's assume you have Kodi running on device "a" with resoution "b" and fps "c", then you switch the input to another device "x" with resolution "b" but fps "y". So the TV has to check if the FPS have changed and if so, switch the mode accordingly. That will last a bit depending on how fast your TV will do that switch.

If FPS and resolution are the same, then the delay might be less, but I guess it's still somewhat noticeable. So "no delay", literally, is not possible I fear.
hi! Thank you for your reply. I know different resolutions and frames will delay the process. I have to live with that (although I wonder if there is not a solution for that too, somehow.)

But @dandnsmith claims are interesting. Right now it takes about 6 seconds - just for the switch of HDMI inputs.
Interesting - but I made no claims, merely quoted my own, limited, experiences (where, I note, my sources were likely to be all at the same resolution etc)
Derek
(2019-10-15, 10:01)dandnsmith Wrote: Interesting - but I made no claims, merely quoted my own, limited, experiences (where, I note, my sources were likely to be all at the same resolution etc)

Very interesting yes. And regarding the claim:  I am asking again. Would you please share the brand and type of hardware you are using? 
Let's see what the fuss is all about.
Sorry to say, hardware deails no longer available as I got rid of the stuff
Derek
No worries. Thanks for the reply!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI switch - instant, no delay, no blackscreen - for multiple Kodi's?0