Need to reset Skin status in Add-on Manager in Dharma b2
Greetings,
Set up:
Win 7 64 on Atom/ION (Acer Revo Aspire 3600)
XBMC Dharma b2 installed to Program Files (x86) folder
Wired gigabit LAN to broadband (Cable)

I was browsing the skins in the Add-on manager and chose several skins to install. I did not wait for one skin to complete downloading before choosing another to install. Several skins downloading at once and XBMC froze. I had to "End Task" in Task Manager.

Now here's the problem: When I go back into the Skins area, many skins are showing as not installed at all (I had attempted to grab them all). A few are showing as installed and they work. For the skins that did not install, when I click into the skin and choose "Install", the GUI returns me to the list of skins and nothing happens. I would expect the download to start and the gui to show me download progress. But nothing happens. It's as if XBMC thinks that it has already downloaded everything.... but it does not try to install the skin and the "Enable" button is not available.

How do I reset the status of the skin so that XBMC thinks I've never tried to install the skin? I would like it to just grab the files again and install it. I've tried browsing the file structure in Windows Explorer to look for folders for the skins (thinking I could delete them), but could not find any. So then I looked for any kind of settings (.xml) related to Skins, Add-ons and such to see if I could find reference to the "problem skins" and delete those references in order to get XBMC to re-download and install, but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way for me to get XBMC to know that these skins have not been installed and need a fresh download/install?

I've tried re-installing Dharma b2 over itself (without uninstalling), but that didn't work. I'm nervouse to uninstall, because I don't want to lose my database and settings.
I don't know how to explicitly reset the status in XBMC, but you can browse to %appdata%\XBMC (just put that in the explorer bar) and the skin addons will be under the addons folder. You might have to remove the partially downloaded files in the addons/packages folder as well.
Thank you! That is what I needed to know. I should've thought to look in %appdata%\XBMC, but didn't think of it as my previous use of version 9 was a "portable" install. I deleted the partially downloaded .zip files in the addons\packages folder and now XBMC is doing a fresh download and install of the skins. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to reset Skin status in Add-on Manager in Dharma b20