• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC
sorry about that I didn't see the quotation marks, It's all working now thanks!!! I don't know why I didn't think of that must be having a blonde day or two Laugh

maybe the next version could have a more relevant example in the launcher.xml thanks for the plugin leo2 its much appreciated.
leo2 Wrote:Hi, I'm glad to know that this plugin is usefull for someone.
I'll be happy to help solve problems in it, sorry for the delay in my answer.
1. The command prompt cannot be hidden - it's an XBMC system call that is out of my control.
2. the command prompt disappears immediately if the application was started on as a different process, it's depends on the application itself.
leo
So then is this an request that needs to be brought to the XBMC devs?
Download here: http://leo212.googlepages.com/Launcher0.11alpha.zip

Major changes:
- There is an ability to add & remove launchers within the XBMC gui.
(from the context menu)
- Support a single program launch.
- It is now required to put launchers.xml the "userdata\plugin_data\programs\Launcher", the plugin automatically create it when adding/removing launchers.
note: The roms for an emulator still should be added manually by editing the file.

please test it and let me know about problems.
linux is not yet supported. sorry. i'll try to do it until the end of this week.

leo
kricker Wrote:So then is this an request that needs to be brought to the XBMC devs?

I think so, the exact request is :
"support os.execv and os.spawnv in python plugins"
Is there an ability to pass switches to the .exe being launched? For example:
Code:
"hard drive\path\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" /F /Q /LOCKFS /MOUSEOFF
kricker Wrote:Is there an ability to pass switches to the .exe being launched? For example:
Code:
"hard drive\path\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" /F /Q /LOCKFS /MOUSEOFF

not yet.
you can create a .bat file that does it and launch the .bat file instead.
leo2 Wrote:not yet.
you can create a .bat file that does it and launch the .bat file instead.
ahh yeah...that's true. I hope that doesn't make 2 command prompt boxes Wink
OK. I did some testing using XBMC in fullscreen mode. Using your example to launch firefox, I set the path to my firefox install. If XBMC is in fullscreen mode, it looks as if nothing ever happens. Pressing alt+tab to switch tasks reveals firefox and the command prompt. Switching tasks however doesn't work, XBMC stays in front with the task switch window stuck ontop of it. You have to use the task manager to kill the command prompt, then you can switch to firefox (hopefully something will happen with the "support os.execv and os.spawnv in python plugins" request). When switched to firefox, XBMC does not sit behind firefox, but instead minimizes to the taskbar.

Maybe it is how XBMC uses the screen, I don't know, but what would be nice is something that appears a bit more seamless. I'm guessing it needs some help from the devs. What would be nice is if the app like firefox can run fullscreen ontop of XBMC, so when you close it out XBMC is right there waiting on you. I could probably achieve something similar to this using Eventghost. When I close an app it can find the XBMC window and bring it back to focus.
...a little more testing...
WOW! I just tested launching SageTV from within XBMC. Worked perfectly. There is no command prompt issue with the SageTV.exe. It pops right up perfectly. Upon closing SageTV though you see the windows desktop. So I set Evenghost to bring XBMC to the front when Sage closes, and it works seamless. Very nice. This was one of the last parts I needed to run XBMC fulltime as the HTPC front end. To get fancy I could probably have seperate launchers that take me to specific SageTV screens (such as the guide, recorded TV, settings) and never see the SageTV home screen.

Thank you for this plugin which makes this possible.
XBMC still crashes on me when I try to load up the plugin. I'm using the newest build of XBMC and Vista 32. Anyone else with vista have this working?
this plugin is beautiful, now Xbmc is fully working and i can play games from it, not all my games seem to work but that is for copyprotecion i quess, bioshock is not loading from XBMC, now is it possible to at thumbnails to the programms ? and if so how?
and this plugin doesn;t work with vista
ghostrecon37 Wrote:now is it possible to at thumbnails to the programs ? and if so how?
soon, very soon.
I'll be happy to hear more feature request before I'm finishing developing this plugin.
still alpha, but has a lot of imporvments:
1. scan roms path automatically and add it to the launcher.
2. ability to manually add rom to a launcher within the XBMC gui.
3. ability to manually remove rom to a launcher with the XBMC gui.
4. ability to manually import roms for the roms path.
5. ability to add arguments to a launcher's command.
6. linux support. (not tested - I'll be glad if someone will test it)

http://leo212.googlepages.com/Launcher0.2alpha.zip

planned improvements for the next version (beta):
1. add thumbnails to the launchers.
2. add thumbnails to the roms.
3. automatically scan for thumbnails & data from the internet.
I'll be happy to get an ideas: which sites provides this data?

leo
Nice work leo2. I can test linux support for you later today and let you know how it goes. Just out of curiosity, has anyone gotten this to work on Vista yet?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC2